Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrik Wibron 40 posts 67 karma points
    Jul 12, 2010 @ 23:20
    Patrik Wibron

Nodes wont be deleted, still visible on the page

Hi folks!

I'm having a strange behavior on a multi-domain site I'm running in umbraco. The first domain (that actually runs umbraco on the server) handles every node perfect (update, create, delete etc.). 

But when I edit content on the other domain's node, the changes won't apply. And I also have some nodes visible on the page that I've deleted. You can access these pages on the site. I tried to empty the trash, ran the reindex.aspx and also deleted umbraco.config, nothing helped.

Do you guys have any ideas how I can solve this?  

Specifications:

umbraco 4.0.3 Medium Trust-version on shared hosting and MySQL on a ASP.NET 2.0 environment. 

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Jul 13, 2010 @ 00:43
    Sascha Wolter

Hm, sounds like a caching issue to me. Have you tried recycling the AppPool or restarting IIS server? I assume you created just one web application on the server and one separate Application Pool? The web application has all relevant domains pointing to it? Are there any dependencies between the 2 node trees? Any caching set on the macros that might prevent new content to be displayed instantly?

Jul 13, 2010 @ 00:59
    Patrik Wibron

Hi! I don't have access to recycle the AppPool on my account on the hosting environment, but I've mailed the tech support about it. 

I just have one application on the server. The two domains is pointed correctly, splitted in the content section and I've assigned two hostnames to two different nodes. And the macros is just created from the UI, I haven't touched the cache parameters. 

Jul 13, 2010 @ 11:03
    Patrik Wibron

This has now been solved. I edited the web.config and added a blank character and the application restarted. But I still want to know what's causing this, I need to edit the web.config-file every time I edit now. 

Any ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft