Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Jun 16, 2019 @ 17:26
    Sotiris Filippidis

Language variants and document compositions

I've got two languages and have enabled vary by culture on a document type (let's call it "contentPage"). This is composed with a "pageHeader" document type to add some commonly used properties like banner image, title etc. (I'm simplifying to make it as short as possible).

When I am on the default language (en-US), all is good. Then I switch to the second language (German) and I notice that all document properties in my "contentPage" documents are read-only and say "Inherited from English (United States)" with the values they had on English.

I went on and enabled vary by culture on the "pageHeader" document type. No difference.

Is it supposed to be like this? Shouldn't I be able to edit all values, even in compositions, per language?

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Jun 16, 2019 @ 17:35
    Sotiris Filippidis

And to answer my own naive question, for anyone being as lazy as me to dig a bit deeper, you've got to enable "allow varying by culture" on each field as well :)

• Jakob Ladingkær 3 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 18, 2019 @ 06:39
    Jakob Ladingkær

Thanks Sotiris - I had the same problem :-) Documentation is still a bit thin on that subject, but your answer helped me in the right direction.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft