Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin Farrow 46 posts 67 karma points
    Mar 09, 2019 @ 21:57
    Kevin Farrow

Blog engine in Umbraco 8

I've just installed Umbraco 8 and there doesn't appear to be any Blog Packages available, infact there only appears to be a handful of packages available. When will ther be any useful packages available? or should we stick with Umbraco 7 for now?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 10, 2019 @ 02:19
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kevin

Nobody knows when nice blog package for v8 arrives. So I would recommend using v7. Or write your own for v8 )))

Thanks,

Alex

• Kevin Farrow 46 posts 67 karma points
    Mar 10, 2019 @ 10:39
    Kevin Farrow

Thanks Alex, but I'm confused when you say "Nobody knows when nice blog package for v8 arrives" ????

I noticed that the Startup Package in the Umbraco Cloud has a blog included so there must be at least one available? Could you guys share that package with us?

• Lotte Pitcher 49 posts 242 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 10, 2019 @ 11:10
    Lotte Pitcher

Hi Kevin,

As version 8 has not been out for long, there are not many packages at the moment, as you have seen for yourself.

The blog in the starter kit is a simple one built directly in the site, not from a package. If you look at the document types for the blog pages, and their accompanying templates it would give you an idea of how to roll your own in your site using standard Umbraco techniques.

If you aren't able to do that and do need to install a package, or perhaps you need a fully featured blog solution (with comments etc), then staying with v7 and researching the appropriate v7 blog package for your needs would sound like the way the sensible way to proceed.

Hope this helps!

Lotte

• Graham Davis 110 posts 376 karma points
    Oct 28, 2020 @ 22:45
    Graham Davis

There is a blog package called Articulate that works in Umbraco 8

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/starter-kits/articulate/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft