Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 12:18
    David W.

URL Redirect Management and urlReplacing

I have discovered that if I change the way umbraco replaces characters in the urls by adding this in the umbracoSettings-file.

<urlReplacing >
          <char org="å">a</char> //default is "ae"
          <char org="ä">a</char> //default is "ae"
          <char org="ö">o</char> //default is "oe"
    </urlReplacing>

The urls get updated (on publish) as expected, but the URL Redirect Management does not pick up on the changes so the old url (with the default behavior) get broken.

What approach can I take to make urls affected by this change redirect to the new one?

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 12:27
    Stephen

The redirect management system creates rules when a content item is published and its url changes. Changes to the url replacing setup in the config file are not picked indeed, meaning rules are not created.

However, republishing all content after having changed the config should cause the redirect management to create the appropriate rules.

Making sense?

Jun 02, 2017 @ 13:25
    David W.

Great. I'll give it a shot next week. Thx.

Jun 07, 2017 @ 07:58
    David W.

Tried this a bit more, and I can't really get it to behave the way I expect.

I have a page called "Systemunderhåll" with current url "/systemunderhaal". If i add the urlReplacing entry so å -> a, and do a "republish all", the same old urls are still there (obviously no new URLs are picked up by the Url Managment).

If I save and publish the Systemunderhåll-node explicitly (without making changes), the page url is updated, but no redirect rules are added.

So it appears I can't use this urlReplacing-feature in a reliable way if there already is nodes/urls with the unwanted urls`, and get proper redirecting.

Is there any other way I can get this to work or should i file an issue on this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft