Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris C 43 posts 184 karma points
    Jul 22, 2016 @ 02:37
    Chris C

Upgrading instructions incomplete...

Trying to upgrade 6.2.4 to 6.2.6. I followed the instructions here (specifically the section about manually upgrading from a zip file) - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/general

But this seems to be woefully incomplete. There's nothing about copying the install folder, etc.

Where can I find a correct set of instructions?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 22, 2016 @ 05:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Chris

What are you missing from that section about upgrading from a zip file? - Since you're doing a patch upgrade from 6.2.4 to 6.2.6 you should not need to do more than override the files in the /bin folder and the /umbraco and /umbraco_client folders as it says on that page - So I'm wondering what information you're missing? :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Chris C 43 posts 184 karma points
    Jul 22, 2016 @ 14:12
    Chris C

I followed the instructions exactly... Copied over bin, Umbraco and Umbraco_client. Merged config files. And then when I opened the website, it redirected to /install with a long query string.

But of course /install wasn't found.

So I went back and copied /install over from the zip. It ran through the setup, upgrading the database to 6.2.6, and viola.

But my question now is, do I have a borked installation of Umbraco? Should I go back and try to clean things up? I noticed that when doing a winmerge, there are a lot of files in bin that are only in my site directory and not in the zip...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft