Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kenshin 2 posts 92 karma points
    23 days ago
    kenshin

Media picker is null with nested content umbraco 13

Hi,

1. I created a data type of media picker ( only 1 image , and only svg) and gave it a name "selectedImage"

2. then i created a block with a block list.

3. I created a block list item. as a content block

4. and then i added the data type from 1 to block list item #3 that i added to #2.

5. i also added textbox, colour picker to the block list item #3/

6. then i set the block list to have mandatory 6 block list items.

7. when i add the nested content to the page in the backoffice with the images,

and i publish the page , all the properties from #5 are filled in except the the values from the media picker. the property "selectedImage" is filled in for the first item in the block list but null for the rest of the other block list items.

I''m new to umbraco and not sure if i've done anything wrong. are nested content not allowed to have images ?

Can anybody point me in the right direction please? i.e. how do i debug what's going on?

Many thanks,

• kenshin 2 posts 92 karma points
    22 days ago
    kenshin

never mind . - after going out a walk to clear my brain,

i browsed the forums and found out from another post in the forums it might have been the indexes/caches.

sure enough, i went to the examine indexes and rebuilt them - that didn't work.

then i went to the database cache, memory cache - and reloaded them. one of them worked. not sure if it was the memory or the database cache. so i now have the media property filled in.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft