Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joey Ireland 5 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 22, 2023 @ 22:02
    Joey Ireland

Latest Version of Umbraco - Deploy to IIS

Hi all,

I am having trouble publishing my Umbraco website which is just a basic install with a homepage to IIS. I am running the latest stable version of Umbraco and in VS I am using .Net 7.0. It runs perfectly local in VS but soon as I publish the a folder and put it into IIS i get this error:

HTTP Error 502.5 - ANCM Out-Of-Process Startup Failure

I have checked my connection string and and the only thing i have edited in the startup.cs is added:

webBuilder.CaptureStartupErrors(true); webBuilder.UseSetting("detailedErrors", "true"); webBuilder.UseIISIntegration();

I have the following runtimes installed:

.NET SDK: Version: 7.0.400 Commit: 73bf45718d

Runtime Environment: OS Name: Windows OS Version: 10.0.20348 OS Platform: Windows RID: win10-x64 Base Path: C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\7.0.400\

Host: Version: 7.0.10 Architecture: x64 Commit: a6dbb800a4

.NET SDKs installed: 7.0.400 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

.NET runtimes installed: Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 7.0.10 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App] Microsoft.NETCore.App 7.0.10 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App] Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 7.0.10 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]

could anyone shed some light on this please if possible.

Many Thanks

• Huw Reddick 1780 posts 6168 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 23, 2023 @ 07:18
    Huw Reddick

Hi Joey,

Do you have remote access to the server at all? If you do you could try running your site from the command prompt.

Just wondering why you added

webBuilder.CaptureStartupErrors(true); webBuilder.UseSetting("detailedErrors", "true"); webBuilder.UseIISIntegration();

to your startup.cs ? if you remove those does it make any difference?

• Joey Ireland 5 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 28, 2023 @ 17:16
    Joey Ireland

it turned out to be permission based on the server in the end and it is working perfectly now. Many Thanks

• Huw Reddick 1780 posts 6168 karma points MVP c-trib
    Aug 29, 2023 @ 08:13
    Huw Reddick

Glad you got it sorted.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft