Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Feb 01, 2023 @ 21:24
    andrew shearer

.net core razor compilation and umbraco forms themes

Hi – as part of our devops process and Umbraco runtime mode configuration for production https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/setup/server-setup/runtime-modes , we have razor compilation turned on (RazorCompileOnPublish). (this is in umbraco 10 / net core)

However, we also use Umbraco Forms themes https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-forms/developer/themes/ and have a custom view file in “Views\Partials\Forms\Themes\our-theme-name\Fieldtypes”.

As that file doesn’t exist in our net publish folder (it’s a razor file so its getting compiled into an assembly), Umbraco Forms can’t find it on disc so it isn’t being applied/used.

How are people working around this? My first thought was to have our theme views in a different folder from Views and then copy them into views folder as part of our publishing process (CICD). Is there a better/preferred way?

Thanks

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 02, 2023 @ 07:50
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Andrew,

Do you have this on your csproj file of your web project

<PropertyGroup>
        <!-- Razor files are needed for the backoffice to work correctly -->
        <CopyRazorGenerateFilesToPublishDirectory>true</CopyRazorGenerateFilesToPublishDirectory>
      </PropertyGroup>

We also compile our razor views, but are not facing the issue you are describing.

Dave

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Feb 02, 2023 @ 20:09
    andrew shearer

thanks Dave! that looks like the setting im after and will try it out today. right there on the page i linked to too. my bad #facepalm

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft