Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hong 66 posts 228 karma points
    Nov 28, 2021 @ 15:09
    Hong

Upgrade version 7.7.7 to the latest v7 - v7.15.7

I know that I cannot upgrade my V7.7.7 to the latest version, so I am trying to upgrade it to the latest v7 - v7.15.7. I do not have a VS solution for the instance. I am wondering if anyone could point me to a source with instructions that are still applicable to V7.7.7.

Thanks in advance.

• Marc Goodson 2148 posts 14352 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 28, 2021 @ 21:22
    Marc Goodson

Hi Hong

There is the general upgrade guide for V7 here:

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Upgrading/general-v7

and the version-specific upgrade guide that gives you the lowdown of the breaking changes between versions inc v7 is here:

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific

the good news is that most of the really tricky upgrade hurdles for V7 are resolved once you get to V7.7...

I guess main choice for you is whether you want to introduce a visual studio solution at this stage (eg create a brand new 7.15.7 solution in Visual Studio - and point it at a copy of your existing database to upgrade the database), and then copy across into the solution your Views / App_Code, Css/ JS/ Img / Media folder etc etc

or just copy in the Umbraco, Umbraco_Client folders and bin directory from a download Zip of V7.15.7 and copy that over your existing implementation (taking backups first of course! - testing locally etc)

regards

marc

Nov 28, 2021 @ 22:02
    Hong

Hello Marc,

Thank you very much for the detailed tips. I will use V7.15.7 for a while. If I do not see any problem, I will upgrade it to V8. I assume that at that point I will have to create a brand new Umbraco web project, migrate the database, then point the new Umbraco instance to the new database. That is my understanding of my today's reading.

Nov 28, 2021 @ 21:57
    Hong

I was able to follow these instructions to use a downloaded zip file to upgrade 7.7.7 to 7.15.7.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft