Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andersen Mendes 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jun 25, 2020 @ 15:18
    Andersen Mendes

Hello my friends! I have umbraco on my website (Umbraco version 7.2.8 assembly: 1.0.5675.23466). I want to embed a youtube video on one of the sections of my page. how can i do it? thank you

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2020 @ 20:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andersen and welcome to the forum :-)

It can be done in different ways - From your opening post it's not clear to me whether you're a content editor or a developer so forgive me if my reply is too detailed or if you feel it's lacking detail :-)

Depending on how Umbraco is implemented and how you are allowed to insert content into your pages you could perhaps be able to use the build in "Embed" option in the rich text editor - For some reason this option might be disabled but it can be enabled in the "Settings" section under "Datatypes". But if you're not a developer you will need to get in touch with your deveoper to enable it - If it's not already.

The option I refer to has the icon screen, which I have marked with a red ring around in the attached screendump here

enter image description here

If you see this option then you can grab any youtube url you like to embed on your site, or any vimeo url as well for that matter like displayed in this GIF.

This will fetch the video and embed it using an <iframe>. This is the option that will work "out of the box" if the option is enabled in the rich text editor and if your site is using the rich text editor.

There is also a standalone package, which can be installed to allow for the same functionality in it's own field on a block if the rich text editor is not in use - To have it setup and installed you will need to get in touch with a developer if you're not a developer yourself - The package is found here https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/oembed-picker-property-editor/

And finally you can of course have your own implementation made like Dhanesh suggets in the previous post.

Adding the youtube video might also mean some tweaking to your existing implementation ensuring it all looks good when the video is rendered - Again we don't have much context about your website and if you're not a developer yourself you will need to get in touch with one :-)

Hope this helps!

/Jan

• Andersen Mendes 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 01, 2020 @ 17:12
    Andersen Mendes

Hello Jan! How are you? First of all thank you so much for your reply. I've been trying to follow your lead and do this by myself but it's not working. I am not a developer, i am a content editor ... however i have some knowledge about computers/windows in general and i am not entirely familiar with umbraco. Following your lead i was able to insert the youtube video, however only in a section called "contact us" and that's not exactly what i wanted ... I am going to show you what i have on this side:

i have tried the contact form. in that option i do have rich text editor and i have the option to embed a youtube video. but that will embed the youtube video in a ...contact form. and thats not what i really want. the webpage isd divided by blocks and i would like to keep that way.

Is it possible? thank you

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 01, 2020 @ 20:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andersen

The different blocks you have access to have been setup and tailor mate by the developer(s) who have been doing your Umbraco implementation - So no Umbraco installations are usually thought out and setup the same way since we as developers have the freedom to setup the Umbraco backoffice according to client needs - This also means that not many Umbraco installations look the same or provide the same options out of the box - I'm afraid I can't help you any further than I already have since I have no clue what is possible when you select the different block types displayed in your screen dump.

You will need to get in touch with a developer in your local area to figure out how to have the functionality enabled in the blocks where you need it - But now you know what you need is possible to achieve at least.

I hope this helps!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft