Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Singleton 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 16, 2014 @ 15:51
    John Singleton

Document references mix up

We have two environments set up (live website and staging). We make edits on staging, then use Courier to push the changes to the live site. Most of the time this works without issue.

On occasion, references to documents seem to get mixed up after a push to the live environment, so a link that is intended to point to document X instead shows document Y, despite the link to document X on the test environment showing document X (as you'd expect).

The only way to correct things is to fix the document reference on live. The problem then is that any further push from staging restores the "broken" links again. The only way I've found to restore the document links so that they are correct between staging and live is to take a copy of the live site and database and restore it on the staging server. Everything then works for a period until the next time things get adrift again.

I've not had any luck trying to pin down what is going on or what is causing it. Has anyone had this issue before? Are there any pointers as to where I can look to try to track down what might be going wrong, so I can put a stop to it?

(If it's any help, we're running Umbraco 6.1.6 on IIS6. The package manager reports Courier as the latest version.)

Oct 23, 2014 @ 16:18
    John Singleton

This is still happening from time to time and is a real nuisance.

Is there any further information that I can provide that might help diagnose the issue? Or any ideas what could be causing the problem?

Thanks!

Nov 05, 2014 @ 18:17
    John Singleton

I really can't express how disappointing it is that a thread regarding Courier, a PAID FOR product, has attracted no response from Umbraco in over 6 weeks.

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 11:38
    Gerty Engrie

Hi there, 

We've had the same issues... have not found a solution, but somewhat a workaround may be to (if you can) restore your test environment for once, back to live & continue from there one, so that the ID's are back in sync again.. but this will only work if you are having the issues with regular links / datatypes.

Also, what are the datatypes you are having this issue with? We are having a v6 and i suspect something has changed to the relatedlinks datatype (no xml anymore but csv) ... 

kr, 

Gerty 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft