Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Aug 13, 2014 @ 18:04
    Mark Bowser

Courier pptx files not transferring with media

I've been trying to deploy power point files from staging to live. The media is transferred fine, but the attached pptx files are not transferred successfully. However, one of the pptx files does transfer correctly. My guess is because it is small and that the problem is a file size problem? It is confusing because Courier reports a success to me.

Umbraco version: 6.1.6 Courier version: Umbraco Courier for Umbraco 6

I'm not sure of the exact version of Courier. I was not around when it was installed.

Failing pptx:

• 3.71 MB
    • 3.08 MB
    • 3.54 MB
    • 3.01 MB

Successful pptx:

• 2.95 MB

To perform the deployment, I go to the media section, right click on the parent media sub folder and click Courier. After selecting all of the child powerpoint medias, I click "advanced" and say "Selected items only".

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? I found this other issue that didn't help me a lot. http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/17047-Courier-not-transferring-media-files. Supposedly, the problem they were experiencing was fixed in Courier 2. Also, I have verified that I can deploy some pptx files, so it isn't the file type that is causing problems.

• Maneesh 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jun 01, 2015 @ 06:54
    Maneesh

Hi All,

I have the problem with umbraco courier.Whenever i transfer any media file like pdf,doc,xls(except image files .gif,.png,.jpeg) from staging to live(destination environment), it doesnot transferring the media files.That means, the content nodes are getting transferred, but the files like pdf,doc,xls included with in that page is not getting transferred.

But there is not having an issue with image files as I mentioned above.

The umbraco version Using is : 4.0.2.1

The courier vesion using is : 1.3

Could anyone please suggest an idea about why this is happening?

Also, please suggest the solution for fixing the same.

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 15:47
    Mark Bowser

Are you sure that the problem isn't related to file size instead of file type? Try sending a very small xls document (< 2MB). Otherwise, try to increase the max file upload size in the web.config

If you are using IIS6

<configuration>
      <system.web>
        <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="52428800" /> <!--50MB-->
      </system.web>
    </configuration>

I believe if you are using IIS7+, you do the following instead:

<system.webServer>
      <security>
        <requestFiltering>
          <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="52428800" /> <!--50MB-->
        </requestFiltering>