Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrei Canef 33 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 19, 2014 @ 11:56
    Andrei Canef

Media not transferring correctly

I'm currently trying to move all the media from an Umbraco 4.7.0 environment(running  Courier 2.7.8.35.v4.zip) to an Umbraco 6.1.6 environment(running Courier 2.7.8.15.v6.zip). 

The folders get created under /media and the physical images get moved across correctly. The Umbraco items are also created in the Media section. However, none of the Image properties are set. UmbracoFile is empty, and after looking in the database it's empty in there as well.

The Courier logs show no errors at all - just normal transfers going through. The umbracoLog table doesn't contain any errors that could shed some light on this. 

Any ideas? :) 

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 19, 2014 @ 12:15
    Per Ploug

Hi Andrei

Any deploy is a 2 step process, so step 1 is packaging everything, and step 2 is to unpack them. So we would need to look at both steps to figure out where things went wrong.

So for packaging, first have a look in the folder containing all your packaged assets, you should have a /resources folder which should contain all your media folders and files, secondly, have a look in the /revision/mediaproperties folder and look at a .courier file to see what data it contains, it should list out all a media items property data - do you see the data there?

If these 2 things looks okey, then the problem might be with the extraction, but one step at a time :)

Jun 19, 2014 @ 12:30
    Andrei Canef

Hey Per, 

Just checked - the .courier file seems to contain all the data, including the media item property data. The packaged assets are there too. As far as I can tell, the packaging seems to be working fine. :) 

Jun 19, 2014 @ 13:12
    Per Ploug

Weird, and the media items are all new? you arent just updating exisiting ones?

Jun 19, 2014 @ 13:15
    Andrei Canef

I'm trying to transfer the whole media section from the v4 site to the v6 site. The v6 site started off with a completely empty media section. I did a Courier transfer to it from the v4 site. 

The files and folder structure got created on the file system for the v6 site. The items got created in the media section for the v6 site as well, in Umbraco. However, none of the properties actually got set. There's no matching between the files on disk, and the items in Umbraco. 

Jun 19, 2014 @ 13:51
    Per Ploug

hmmm, based on your description, it all seems to be in order, any chance you could zip that revision folder, and send me a link to it? [email protected] ?

Jun 19, 2014 @ 15:44
    Andrei Canef

Hi Per, 

Has that helped shed any light on the issue? 

Thank you.

Jun 20, 2014 @ 10:15
    Per Ploug

Hi Andrei

Found the reason why it doesn't work. There is a small schema difference between v4 and v6 datalayer which makes the import fail, applying a patch now

Jun 20, 2014 @ 10:15
    Per Ploug

This is btw only an issue with exporting from V4 and then importing to v6 later.

Jun 20, 2014 @ 10:55
    Per Ploug

Updated the build, you can install it as a package:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.8/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.8.41.v4.zip

Or just by updating the dlls in the /bin with files from this .zip:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.8/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.8.41.hotfix.v4.zip

Jun 20, 2014 @ 11:20
    Andrei Canef

Hi Per, 

No luck I'm afraid. I deployed the files from the second zip file to the version 4 site, and tried transferring again, but the same thing happens - the media items have no property set in Umbraco. 

I'll try uninstalling Courier and reinstalling the package using the first zip file, to see if that makes any difference. 

Jun 20, 2014 @ 11:27
    Andrei Canef

No luck with the full reinstall either, I'm afraid. 

Is there anything I need to deploy to the v6 site, that I'm missing? 

Jun 23, 2014 @ 10:05
    Andrei Canef

Hi Per, 

I downloaded the patched v6 install you had in the nightlies folder as well, and installed that to the v6 website. Still getting the same issue when doing a transfer - all the media item properties in Umbraco are empty. 

Jun 23, 2014 @ 14:01
    Per Ploug

Hi Andrei

Make sure you clear /app_data/courier on both instances - then retry, if no success, repackage and try sending me the same set of files as the last time.

/Per

Jun 23, 2014 @ 15:31
    Andrei Canef

Hi Per, 

Some good news and some bad news :) The files got transferred ok, but it messed up the file structure - on the source, the structure was parent folder/folder 1/ image 1, whereas on the destination I have a parent folder, a folder 1, and image1 is outside of either folder. 

However, there's significant progress! :) 

Do you need me to package the files again? 

Jun 24, 2014 @ 08:07
    Per Ploug

No, that last issue is because of a default setting in /config/courier.config under media which doesnt force parent nodes when you transfer, if you transfer again, things should fall into place automatically, but you can also change the setting in courier.config:

https://github.com/umbraco/Courier/blob/master/Documentation/Architecture/Provider-Configuration.md#media

Set the media provider to include parents, then clear /app_data/courier on both instances, repackage and transfer, then it should work

• Amir 75 posts 224 karma points
    Jul 07, 2014 @ 16:38
    Amir

Hi Per,

I had the same issue as Andrei, and tried your latest suggestion:

<mediaItemProvider>
          <includeChildren>false</includeChildren>
          <includeParents>true</includeParents>
        </mediaItemProvider>

And the problem is, every time at first time the file hiararchy is being missed (all media items are being stored under root node in media section) and when I re-courier same nodes, they get back under their parent.

Is it something fixable?

Thanks,

Amir

• Amir 75 posts 224 karma points
    Jul 16, 2014 @ 13:48
    Amir

Hi Per,

Any updates?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft