Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Turner 98 posts 412 karma points
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 16:37
    Phillip Turner

Error during packaging - Could not find the default database provider

I get the following error when trying to deploy a Page/Template/docType (anything!) using Courier 2 Express.

This instance is running v6.2.1. I have a v6.1.6 instance that is running a near identical configuration and that is working as expected.

There error is as follows:

error:System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not find the default database provider, please ensure you have all the required DLL's in /bin, and that courier loaded successfully. To debug, turn on debugmode in /config/courier.confg, and examine the /app_data/courier/logs error log files at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 6/4/2014 10:20:02 AM

I looked at the error logs and they gave me no additional information.

I searched around and could only find reference to nightly releases with no fix. I compared the /bin to our working v6.1.6 version and all the courier dlls are present and accounted for. I verified the courier.config to make sure the repositories were well formed.

Any ideas?

Phillip

• Phillip Turner 98 posts 412 karma points
    Jun 11, 2014 @ 21:33
    Phillip Turner

Seems this was due to license and location issues on the target.

Happy days!

• Darren Ferguson 1022 posts 3259 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 12:07
    Darren Ferguson

Can you expand upon location issues? We are having the same issue.

Thanks.

• Bill 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 25, 2014 @ 17:14
    Bill

I'm seeing this issue as well. I'm on Umbraco 6.1.6 (upgraded from 4.x) with a fresh instal of Courier 2.7.8.15.

I believe I have correctly added locations and configured licensing. I'm not seeing any additional information when I turn on debug mode.

Do you have any more details on what you did to fix it?

• Ed Bishop 53 posts 203 karma points
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 11:09
    Ed Bishop

Same error here in two different environments. Both are running Umbraco 6.2.5 and Courier Nightly "Courier_2.7.8.43.v6"

Anyone else managed to fix this problem?

Cheers,

Ed

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft