Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chad Rosenthal 272 posts 474 karma points
    Apr 18, 2013 @ 17:54
    Chad Rosenthal

Courier doesn't seem to work with Dropdown List

I'm using the most recent nightlies of courier and Umbraco 6.0.2.

When I try to use Dropdown List, the values don't seem to be copy when I do a transfer. Everything else in the node works correctly. In this case, my business case needs the name and not the id as I'm using the values to change the css, so I don't think 'dropdown list, publishing keys' will meet my need. If there is no other way, then I can switch, but would prefer not to.

I'm currently storing the values as nvarchar.

-C

• ianhoughton 281 posts 605 karma points c-trib
    Apr 18, 2013 @ 18:05
    ianhoughton

We had a similar issue with v4 & Courier, the ID's in the Dropdown on the receiving end kept getting incremented upwards on each deploy. We then lost any refrence to the text value.

In the end we built our own dropdown lists, which stored the text value as a csv value instead.

Apr 18, 2013 @ 19:13
    Chad Rosenthal

Do you mean the id's on the saved content? or the ID's in the data type. The Id's I have on the data type are the same in both environments.

-C

• ianhoughton 281 posts 605 karma points c-trib
    Apr 19, 2013 @ 10:46
    ianhoughton

Ah no, the ID's on the datatyoe were getting changed, so although the content got transferred, they never matched the "new" values in the datatype.

Apr 19, 2013 @ 16:21
    Chad Rosenthal

From what I could see the id's looked the same to me. I checked both environments and the values were the same.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Apr 25, 2013 @ 09:05
    Per Ploug

Yeah, this issue should have been fixed a long time ago, the IDs shouldnt change, unless new values are added or some are removed

• Andrew Davis 14 posts 36 karma points
    Jul 25, 2013 @ 21:51
    Andrew Davis

We are still getting the issue as well. We are currently running both servers on Umbraco 6.1.2 and Courier 2.7.8.16. We have a dropdown as well and the ID's are not being transfered. The values themselves are transferred but not the ID's and that is crucial for our deployment.

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 16:57
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Andrew

I can confirm it does this on my umbraco build (same versions). The whole point of courier is that it should keep track of all of your Id's for all core types.

I suspect something key has broken in these very recent builds because I have a site using using Courier 2.7.3 and wasn't aware of any problems like this. I'll do some testing though to be sure.

M.

Aug 05, 2013 @ 17:17
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Andrew

I've just tested my Umbraco build using Courier 2.7.3 and while it was blissfully unaware of the new doctype, datatype and permissions i'd setup as a test. It's supposed to work it all out for you and transfer what's needed - so I had to transfer it manually. There were no issues with the checkboxlist though id's were preserved along with the property data for it.

So its a cock up in the current/last few builds.....and I dont fancy trawling back through to see where it first occurs!

I've all but had enough of Courier 2 for now, Per and Niels are just going to have to sort this mess out, or face losing customers long term...

M.

• Christopher Vaught 29 posts 54 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 22:30
    Christopher Vaught

I'm running into the same issue as well.  The values change so the pre value is not resolved.
    I have a work around but come on folks this is Umbraco Core functionality. How much $ will it take
    to get someone to fix this. Perhaps we could crowdfund a resolution!!!!

• David Madi 3 posts 26 karma points
    Nov 19, 2013 @ 14:39
    David Madi

Damn!

I need the resolution for this problem.

Nov 19, 2013 @ 16:09
    Christopher Vaught

The same issue exist with Radio Buttons. 

• Shaun McNicholas 4 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 21, 2013 @ 22:47
    Shaun McNicholas

Anyone??? We've also discovered that our checkbox values arn't copying through...

This is a huge show stopper - we are migrating 14 sites and thousands of pages.

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:40
    Martin Griffiths

Hi all

I think if you've read through any of the threads in this section you'll realise Courier 2 is fundamentally broken!

The main contributor is no longer working on the project and there hasnt been any indication of long we will have to wait for a working version.

I suggest you try and contact Niels direct if you want answers.

M.

Nov 22, 2013 @ 17:09
    Christopher Vaught

When I try to use Dropdown List, and Radio button values don't seem to be copy when I create a package in courier.

The Datatype – transfers over correctly with new Id #s.

However transferring the Content via Courier omits the Values from Dropdown List and radio buttons.

How do we resolve this issue? 

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Jan 31, 2014 @ 21:20
    Jon Dunfee

I hope this gets resolved, it's impacted our deployment workflow.

Jan 31, 2014 @ 21:37
    Christopher Vaught

I was able to quickly resolve our Drop Down issue by using Ucomponents Image Drop Down / & or Custom User Control Wrapper.

Ucomponents
    http://ucomponents.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=ImageDropDown&referringTitle=Documentation

We are using Umbraco 6.1.6 & Ucomponents6. & Latest Courier build

Wish they would simply fix the core functionality of Drop Down Item & Radio Buttons. Most users aren't going to have the time
    to code a custom solution for every issue in Umbraco.

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Jan 31, 2014 @ 23:26
    Jon Dunfee

Here's the issue logged, need some votes: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-37

• Allan Lykke 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 16, 2014 @ 19:26
    Allan Lykke

Still an issue with umbraco 6.16 and Courier. Radio button values are not copied.

Just wasted 2 days trying to get all content transferred and Courier working properly, only to have this issue spoil it all. 333 pages with lots of radio buttons...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft