Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris 11 posts 53 karma points
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 11:15
    Chris

Can Courier move content between different versions of Umbraco?

I have site with a lot of content running Umbraco v4.7. I would like to move part of the Content and Media to a newer installation running Umbraco v6.0.3.

Is this possible using Courier? Or does Courier only work between two identical versions of Umbraco?

• Robin 37 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 19:43
    Robin

Of course courier can do this

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Apr 17, 2013 @ 15:25
    Per Ploug

from 4 to 6 it shouldnt be a problem as it has its own data in the middle, but going from 6 to 4 can be a problem since v6 inherits document types differently, as it supports multiple document type inheritance.

• Sean 64 posts 116 karma points
    Apr 17, 2013 @ 18:43
    Sean

I just pushed content from 4.7.2 -> 6.0.0 and all the TABS on the backend are missing (except for Properties) on the new v6.0.0 site The v6 site was actually a copy of the 4.7.2 site that was systematically (successfully) upgraded throughout the versions up to v6.0 about a month ago. Now with new content on the 4.7.2 site (main staging and live site version) I would have liked to just push the content there. Any suggestions?

• Ben Divsalar 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 07, 2014 @ 11:43
    Ben Divsalar

Hi Sean,

I have same issue as you explained, I need to migrate content from v4 into v6. my v6 is under development and re-design in template/css and v4 is in live with daily updates in content. I am tryig to write some queries to update cmsPropertyData table in v6 locating same contentNodeId and propertyTypeId in v4. I am in very early stage and wondered if you have any better options.

I will share my findings once it works.

Thanks

Ben

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft