Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 16:16
    Mark

Cannot see locations or revisions

Courier 2.6, Umbraco 4.7.1. I have installed the Courier package and set up the initial location. The license file seems to be working fine. I am able to use right click deployment to successfully deploy items between installations. BUT: In the Courier section I cannot expand any of the nodes. This means I cannot set up additional locations, and more importantly, it means I cannot use the "Compare and Deploy" functionality. This is what I get after trying to expand the nodes:

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 16:31
    Simon steed

I *think* this is a known bug, had this on my installation but when I upgraded to 2.7, all hell broke loose and it stopped working completely. Have you tried emailing courier support yet?

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 16:40
    Mark

I've emailed courier support a couple of times, but never heard anything back, so I'm sorry to say don't have much faith in the process... I think my license file might be causing the issue as it has some strange additional domain permutations that I didn't request, although that is in addition to the domain permutations I did request - which are the domains I am using

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 17:16
    Simon steed

Gotta say I agree about support, i've emailed them a few times but never had a response. However I did use their form last night and actually got back a zendesk support ticket reference which i've not seen for ages - I suspect their form mailer does not work 100% so if you don't get a zendesk ticket back, it seems it's not got through.

• SC Digital Services Team 104 posts 171 karma points
    Jul 20, 2012 @ 13:10
    SC Digital Services Team

We're in the same boat - we can't see our locations or revisions, and it seems like v2.7 is causing us some other licensing issues when it comes to saving document types (see this thread - http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/33171-The-DLL-umbracocouriercachehandlerv4-cannot-call-Courier-APIs-as-you-do-not-have-the-right-licensing-in-place).

• SC Digital Services Team 104 posts 171 karma points
    Aug 07, 2012 @ 10:31
    SC Digital Services Team

We've had a response from Per on another thread - if you are using the Express version (the €99 version), then these nodes are only used to access views, and will not display any child nodes.  In the 2.7.1.1 nightly build he has changed the icon for the Locations node to prevent confusion.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/33522-Courier-271-fixes-license-issue

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/33171-The-DLL-umbracocouriercachehandlerv4-cannot-call-Courier-APIs-as-you-do-not-have-the-right-licensing-in-place?p=2 (last couple of posts)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft