Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason 23 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 01, 2012 @ 21:47
    Jason

Courier User Authentication Issues

Hello Everyone

My name is Jason and im a  application architect  & umbraco.  Im sure you guys will be seeing alot of me in the next couple of months :)

Anywways I have 2 umbraco environments running on the same server (Stage & Production) Im trying to use courier to push content from stage to production.  In stage I have added production website account credentials in the courier.config file. I have also confirmed that the production account works by logging into the CMS manually.    

when I try to select my production courier location in the stage enviroment I get the following error

Server was unable to process request. ---> User: courier_user could not be authenticated

Error Detailas

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> User: courier_user could not be authenticated 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.GetAvailableRevisions(String username, String password) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\webservice.cs:line 700
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.GetAvailableRevisions() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 106 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.RepositoryProvider.GetAvailableRevisions(String folder) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.editRepository.OnInit(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Does anyone have any advice as far where I should look as far as troubleshooting.  I have confirmed that the courier user password is correct. Since im running both umbraco environments on the same server I’m using hostiles for the site recognition.  My Stage courier config settings are below.

<repositories>
     <
    repository name="umbraco-prd" alias="umbraco-prd" type="CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider" visible="true">

<url>http://umbraco-prd.bam.org</url>
            <
    login>courier_user</login>
            <
    password>1234</password>
            <
    passwordEncoding>Clear</passwordEncoding>

</
    repository>

Any help would be much appericated. Thanks again!

Jason 

• Paul Kaplan 86 posts 139 karma points
    Feb 01, 2012 @ 22:20
    Paul Kaplan

As far as I understand, you need to have the same admin password on both source and destination Umbraco instances.  If that's not the case, try it.

I also believe (not sure, haven't tried it yet, let us know if it works) that you could actually be logged in as someone other than admin (provided the logged in user is given Courier permissions by admin) and the transfer will still work.

Also AFIK once the transfer is done, you need to log into the destination instance and "install" the revision you pushed from the source instance.

HTH

-- Paul

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 15:12
    Per Ploug

Hi jason

You can configure the specific login for the repository, but you need to know what kind of pass encoding your target umbraco install uses, by default umbraco uses "Hashed" 

So if you havn't changed that in your membership settings then the below should be correct

<url>http://umbraco-prd.bam.org</url>
            <
    login>courier_user</login>
            <
    password>1234</password>
            <
    passwordEncoding>Hashed</passwordEncoding>

Feb 02, 2012 @ 19:55
    Jason

Hello everyone, thanks for  your response. Per I will Give the password enconding a shot and see if that works. Thanks again for your responses

Jason 

Feb 02, 2012 @ 22:54
    Jason

Hello, The issue has been resloved, turned it it was the password Encoding tag. Thanks for your help

Jason 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft