Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Lawrence 128 posts 200 karma points
    Nov 27, 2011 @ 02:45
    Michael Lawrence

Courier 2.5 Getting 404 Error on extraction

Hey guys, I'm getting a weird error with Courier 2.5. When I try to transfer a specific document (via the right click method), I get the following error:

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.TransferResources(String sessionKey, ResourceTransfer[] resources, String user, String pass) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.TransferResources(ResourceTransfer[] resources) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.–(Item item, Boolean isDependency, ResourceExtractionOrder order) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.’() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 11/26/2011 5:16:30 PM

I checked to ensure that all the files it's bundling exist, and they seem to. Any idea what's going on?
    Thanks!
  • Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 29, 2011 @ 10:57
    Per Ploug

Hi Michael

Does this only happen on a very specifc transfer? because the error is related to a URL not found, not a file not found. so it indicates that it cannot find the webservice endpoint, and not a local file

/Per

• vvsupport 20 posts 39 karma points
    Nov 29, 2011 @ 17:00
    vvsupport

I have the same problem, (v4.7.1 courier pro 1.3) . I had had looking at this issue for several days, courier transfer when I do not include pictures in the body text. I was thinking that is something with media but media transfer from media section and from content with media picker data type. the link in body test markup is like src=/media/mypicture.jpg  I do not use folders in media. It may not be service? that link is generated by richtext editor. some other ideas? it may be something with umbraco version, courier  was working with 4.5.2 and somebody report same error with courier 2.5 so the problem may not be courier???.

Nov 29, 2011 @ 19:02
    Michael Lawrence

Well, the problem existed with Courier 2.1.1 as well. I've had this error in the past when there was an image that did not exist being referenced in a CSS file that was part of the transfer. Courier would just halt and throw a 404 error. Unfortunately, that's not the issue this time as I've checked every image in the CSS files being used on the site and all paths exist. It happens on only a few pages within the site, not every page.  Some pages complete perfectly, however others display the 404 error.  Does that help any with figuring out the issue?

Nov 29, 2011 @ 19:46
    vvsupport

Michael,

That CSS image issue that you talk about is new for me , I will check to see, may be the images there need to be prefix with "~" . Also you should check if your database table cmsContentXml has the media nodes . if not you need to recreate them open and saving each media record or sort the records in the folder and saving once for each folder or create you own program to open and save all media using umbraco API. or using http:/yousite/umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true that i found in umbraco forums that supouse to regenerate the xml, it does recreate xml cache but no de records in cmscontentxml for media nodes. I just share what i think, may be wrong. thank you for the CSS tip.

Nov 29, 2011 @ 20:39
    Michael Lawrence

Well, my cmsContentXml table does have the media nodes in it, so I don't think that's the issue. I've also called the republish.aspx page to regenerate the xml as well. I also manually saved each and every media item including folders. I'm still getting the same error. I'm not sure what's going on here.

Nov 29, 2011 @ 21:31
    vvsupport

I worked with the css files and all seems ok, it does not fix the problem I tray the tranfer with a link from a folder different that media and it works for me, but when I include media folder in the link is when the problem happend. I read another post about a patch for 2.5 . Have you installed that patch Michael?.

Nov 29, 2011 @ 21:33
    Michael Lawrence

I'm using the Courier 2.5 for Umbraco 4.7.x from the project page: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2

I really don't want to install any unstable patches or nightly versions as that was a nightmare for me in the past and I ended up with a pretty unstable site. 

Nov 29, 2011 @ 22:20
    vvsupport

This is why i do not want to install 2.5, it has to many features also many possibilityes of error. I need just a plain content and media transfer.

Nov 29, 2011 @ 22:23
    Michael Lawrence

2.5 is great so far, it's just this one issue I'm having. Other than that, I'm pleased.

Nov 30, 2011 @ 20:02
    vvsupport

I update courier to 2.5 and all works fine, it is a very neat app.  Great job Per.

Nov 30, 2011 @ 20:12
    Michael Lawrence

Well unfortunately I'm still having the 404 error. My client is currently having to manually make the edits on both the staging and live sites for the pages that throw this error. Per, any idea why I would be getting a 404 error on only some pages and not all?

Nov 30, 2011 @ 21:11
    Michael Lawrence

I'm also getting a 404 error when trying to push a media item. I'm thinking this is possibly the root of the error. I went to push a media item and deselected everything except the media item itself just to see if I still get the 404 and I do. The media item exists, so I have no idea why I get a 404.

Nov 30, 2011 @ 21:43
    vvsupport

If you are using 2.5 the dialog should tell you more details about the error. the error happend in packing or extracting?

Nov 30, 2011 @ 21:50
    Michael Lawrence

It's the same error that is posted in the first post. It's during extraction.

Nov 30, 2011 @ 22:39
    vvsupport

It may be related with the application pool authority over the folder that courier tray to use to move content . I had had testing this 2.5 and I had to open my security a lot, allowing write over umbraco folder and off course media, images, css, scripts and any other folder that I use for content; even the /favicon.ico file is transfer in some cases, you can exclude files to check where is the problem or even  limit the user with courier security to avoid tranfer all that amount of unnecessary data in some circunstances.

I found a problem when I create a revision, i get an error from document guid when the revision is packed. I know what the problem is about a guid of one custom document I have. the point is that after the error is shown in the sceen, the persistence layer Nhibernate keep the file cmsContentType in transaction state (lock) and the back end content tree can not access data. I delete the unstable revision in courier but that no fix the problem. I have to restart my sql database to get access again. The lock file can be anyone, depends of the error and the erros can be different types in the back end it depends of the original error in the courier.

Courier is a good package but his big features are also his wiknesses , there are to many dependencies and if you have custom stuff, you are going to have problems. solution(limit the amount of data to be transfer with the courier security section. keep it simple). 

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 07:25
    Atoosa Khoda

Have you found a solution to this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft