Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    Aug 15, 2011 @ 14:26
    Scott

admin does not have access to courier.

I just install courier 2.1.1 on top of umbraco 4.7. When I try to transfer anything I get the error:

Server was unable to process request. ---> User: admin does not have access to courier.

Error details

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> User: admin does not have access to courier. 

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 

at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.TransferResources(ResourceTransfer[] resources, String user, String pass) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\webservice.cs:line 1094 

at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.TransferResources(ResourceTransfer[] resources) in 

d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 286 

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.ExtractItemResources(Item item, ResourceExtractionOrder order) 

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.ExtractResources(ResourceExtractionOrder order) 

at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.TransferAndExtractOnSelectedRepo(String repo) 

at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.oneSteptransfer(Object sender, EventArgs e) 

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) 

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Submit error to umbraco.com

I installed umbraco under my user account, which is an admin type account,  rather than just the admin account. And I have my repository setup to transfer as user 0. Should I have installed while I was logged on as admin?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Aug 15, 2011 @ 15:09
    Rich Green

Hi,

Is your admin password the same in both instances? If not you need to specify the user / password in the configuration.

Rich

Aug 15, 2011 @ 15:46
    Scott

I just went ahead uninstall, logged in as true admin, reinstalled. And that issue has been resolved.

Aug 16, 2011 @ 15:05
    Scott

Also I believe I could have simply clicked on "Administrator" in the users section, and given that account rights to the courier section. 

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 09:35
    Per Ploug

There is a bit more to it tho, when you configure the first extraction target (in the installer) it also sets the user to authenticate against that target, so if you are logged in as User X, it will use that users credentials to authenticate with, it can be changed in the /config/courier.config file

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft