Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Jul 28, 2011 @ 04:22
    Chris Mahoney

Is App_Data\courier supposed to be temporary?

Hi,

We've been running Courier 2.1 (on 4.7) for about three weeks and the App_Data\courier\revisions directory currently contains more than 4 GB of files. Are they supposed to build up like that, or are they meant to be removed after a transfer is completed?

I haven't looked into permissions yet; I just want to confirm what should be happening before I get too deep into troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 08, 2011 @ 13:30
    Per Ploug

Hi Chris

Courier uses the app_data\courier\revisions as storage of all your created revision sets, so you can safely delete the folders in \app_data\courier\revisions if you do not wish to do any additional transfer of those items

/per

Aug 08, 2011 @ 22:09
    Chris Mahoney

Hi Per,

Thanks for the clarification. Is there an option to automatically clean up after a transfer has completed? At over 1 GB per week I can see the server running out of space if I don't remember to periodically check in there.

Chris

Aug 09, 2011 @ 22:48
    Per Ploug

currently no option to turn off, will add a setting for it (and actually just enable that by default, as it is silly to keep those files around)

Aug 09, 2011 @ 22:55
    Chris Mahoney

Thanks! :)

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Dec 03, 2012 @ 20:10
    Mark

Hey Per. Sorry to drag this up again. Did you add the setting? I can't see it in the courier.config file.

Dec 04, 2012 @ 09:53
    Per Ploug

Hi Mark

I didn't add a setting, I simply set courier to delete any temporary revisions it found, as you would never want to keep these, in some cases (because of file-locks etc) some folders might be left behind, but should be rare.

/per

Dec 04, 2012 @ 10:00
    Mark

Thanks, Per. We are using Courier version 2.6, and we just had 500MB of revisions that we needed to clear manually. Are you saying that it is file locks that cause the issue? As far as permissions are concerned, the IIS APPPOOL account is configured with modify permissions (create/read/write), is this sufficient?

Dec 04, 2012 @ 10:00
    Mark

Thanks, Per. We are using Courier version 2.6, and we just had 500MB of revisions that we needed to clear manually. Are you saying that it is file locks that cause the issue? As far as permissions are concerned, the IIS APPPOOL account is configured with modify permissions (create/read/write), is this sufficient?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft