Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Max Mumford 266 posts 293 karma points
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 17:39
    Max Mumford

Courier location page error - obj ref not set to instance of obj

Hi all,

I have two local sites running on the same IP but with different ports. Both on .net 4. Site A uses Umbraco v 4.5.1, Site B uses 4.7. Both have the latest courier from http://nightly.umbraco.org/. I have added each site as a location on it's counter part. After right clicking a node and clicking Courier followed by "Yes, transfer all children as well" and "Deploy", it shows the loading bar and hangs. If I go to the courier section and expand the locations node and click the location for Site B, I get the below error msg:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Repository.(XmlNode settingsXml) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RepositoryStorage.GetByAlias(String alias) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.editRepository.OnInit(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any ideas why im getting this problem?

Thanks,

Max.

Jul 04, 2011 @ 17:49
    Max Mumford

Note: Site A, umbraco 4.5.1 was upgraded from version 3.something and is VERY buggy, hence moving it to a new site. I have just found out that I can in fact click on Site A under Site B's Courier section > locations without getting an error. Can I pull the content from site A to site B from B's backend as opposed to pushing it from A to B from A's backend?

Jul 04, 2011 @ 19:02
    Max Mumford

OK, I have managed to prepare the revisions package on site A and "pull" it to site B using B's backend therefore bypassing the error msg I was getting.

I have another problem now tho:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/21878-Deploying-documents-revision-leads-to-Property-Data-obj-not-set-to-instance-of-obj

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 22:26
    Per Ploug

the error you had seems to come from a broken / wrong location setup in your courier.config file, it seems it could not find the settings data for the location you were trying to view.

Jul 05, 2011 @ 11:41
    Max Mumford

I'v spotted an error in the section of the courier.config file that specifies a username and password that the user should use when connecting - it is originally commented out and has the property:

<passwordEncoding>Clean|Hashed</passwordEncoding>

For anobodies reference, changing it to "clean" will result in this error. It needs to be "clear" if you want to use un-encoded passwords, as is consistent with the umbraco web.config file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft