Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jun 28, 2011 @ 02:38
    Chris Houston

Connecting Courier to SVN.

Hi,

After the demo at #CG11 I am trying to get a test setup of Courier working with SVN (hosted by Beanstalk using HTTPS connection) and I am getting no joy at all :(

When I add my SVN account details into the courier.config file no tree appears in the courier section, I checked the Umbraco Log table and it showed that the TreeDataService was returning the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    Umbraco.Courier.Core.Repository.loadSettings(XmlNode settingsXml) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\399aef48762b5884\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Repository.cs:107
    Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RepositoryStorage.GetAll() in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\399aef48762b5884\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Storage\RepositoryStorage.cs:34
    Umbraco.Courier.UI.Trees.LoadRevisions.CreateAllowedActions(List`1& actions) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\399aef48762b5884\Umbraco.Courier.UI\Trees\LoadRevisions.cs:84
    umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.Initialize() +55
    umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.LoadAppTrees(TreeRequestParams treeParams) +270
    umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +190
    umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +85
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +624
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +269

If anyone has any ideas or if I can provide any more detailed debug info for the developers please let me know.

I assume that the latest version is still the following build as there don't seem to be any nightly builds since June 10th?

http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbracoCourier/2.0%20Maintance%20Release%201/

Cheers,

Chris

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 29, 2011 @ 15:50
    Aileen

Hi Chris

Have you managed to fix this? I had the same issue with the disappearing tree and then I saw there's a new download for svn containing the assembly Umbraco.Courier.SubversionRepository.dll. However I'm now having issues with the SharpSvn.dll assembly.

Cheers, Aileen

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jun 29, 2011 @ 16:06
    Chris Houston

Hi Alieen,

Well as you can see no one has responded to my forum post, I also noticed the additional file on Nightly and had issues with it not liking the SharpSVN.dll

As my PC is running 64 bit Windows 7 I tried to download the 64 bit versions of the SharpSVN files and that made things work :)

Cheers, Chris

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 29, 2011 @ 16:07
    Rich Green

Think Lee K had the same SharpSvn.dll problem yesterday. I'm waiting for the Courier video to come online which may shed some light on this?

Rich

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jun 29, 2011 @ 16:07
    Rich Green

Cross post, cheers Chris.

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 29, 2011 @ 17:10
    Aileen

Thanks Chris. The 64 bit version of SharpSVN worked like a charm for me - I can now see my svn repository!

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 08:25
    Per Ploug

Ahh there were those x64 dlls, been looking for those :)

For everything else, source and binaries should start to appear on nightly as our buildserver gets up and running (apparently it decided to hibernate for a week)

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/

The Umbraco.Courier.TeamDev.SampleApplication is what I used at my CG session

and Umbraco.Courier.ConsoleApplicationSource is what I used for the keynote (the buddha one)

/Per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft