Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Meek 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 15, 2011 @ 10:38
    Chris Meek

Courier 2 Problem

Hi there,

I have encountered a small problem when transferringdocument types from one instance of Umbraco to another and wondered if I am either doing something wrong or have genuinely encountered a bug. Here's what I'm doing;

DownloadUmbraco 4.7 and install 2 local instances (let's call them 1 and 2).

Configure them using the blank template and install Courier via the package repository.

In instance 1 create a new document type with a textstring and a textboxmultiple field in a new tab. Add those fields to the template.

Create a revision using Courier containing the document type and the template.

Transfer this revision to instance 2 and install.

Everything seems to be fine and we can created content on instance 2 using this templte at this stage.

We then add an image upload accidentaly to thegeneric properties tab.

Create a second revision, transfer and install to instance 2. Again everything seems ok.

Next modify the image upload (on instance 1) to move the field into the same tab as the text fields and mark it as madatory.

Create a thrid revision, transfer and install to instance 2. This time nothing seems to have changed on the document type on the second instance.

Has anyone else encoutered similar problems? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 14:17
    Per Ploug

Hi Chris

Thanks for the thorough description, will try to replicate the issue and fix it.

/per

• mikew910 14 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 08:03
    mikew910

Hi Per

I've got a similar problem relating to transferring Document Types. Perhaps my understanding is incorrect but say I have this setup when transferring from instance 2 to 1.

Instance 1:

Product :  Tabs ("Drivers", "Power")

Instance 2:

Product: Tabs ("Drivers", "Power", "Media", "Images")

I'm  currently receiving 2 "Drivers" tabs and 2 "Power" tabs. Is there a way I can send the instance 2 document type over instance 1 and completely nuke it's copy of the Document Type?  Deleting , and recreating off the package sadly not an option.

Thanks

/m

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft