Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 18:44
    Janet Kirklen

Courier: transfer media file error

I have a new install of Courier and I am having lots of issues moving content from my staging server to my production server. I am having most of the issues related to moving media files and having references to those media files preserved.

For instance, I have a page that transfers fine, but the image embedded on the page throws the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError() at System.IO.FileInfo.MoveTo(String destFileName) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.Content2MediaDependencyType.Resolve(Object packageObjectId, Object dependencyField, List`1 dependencyIds, String& statusMessage) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.ContentMessenger.Extract(List`1 packages, User u) (id: 804fb174-2837-4028-b047-8afa47c6060d)

Can someone please help?  Courier is useless if this won't work.

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 19:31
    Janet Kirklen

I'm addding a replay because I can't seem to edit the post above without gettig a XSLT parse error.

For instance, I have a page that contains an image.  The image is already on the production server.  When the "Transfer to Production" runs the image embedded on the page throws the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError() at System.IO.FileInfo.MoveTo(String destFileName) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.Content2MediaDependencyType.Resolve(Object packageObjectId, Object dependencyField, List`1 dependencyIds, String& statusMessage) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.ContentMessenger.Extract(List`1 packages, User u) (id: 804fb174-2837-4028-b047-8afa47c6060d)

After the transfer error occurs the image is deleted from the production server.

It seems that Courier is ok with images that have been added post-courier setup, but any image that was added prior to Courier and already exists on the stagind and prod servers causes the error above - even though I have validated that both same the same media path and id.

• Kirchhoff 7 posts 26 karma points
    Dec 13, 2010 @ 15:23
    Kirchhoff

I'm running in the same issue and can confirm, that Courier is ok with images that have been added post-courier setup, but any image that was added prior to Courier and already exists on the stagind and prod servers causes the error above - even though I have validated that both same the same media path and id.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError() at System.IO.FileInfo.MoveTo(String destFileName) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.Content2MediaDependencyType.Resolve(Object packageObjectId, Object dependencyField, List`1 dependencyIds, String& statusMessage) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Messengers.Content.ContentMessenger.Extract(List`1 packages, User u) (id: e2ff68d2-4dac-444d-acd3-7d081ce2aace)

If i transfer the "old" Media separately, it appears on the production server page (same Media-Id on both Servers).

With a new image after Courier Installation, the Media-Ids are always different on both servers and transfer works with no problems.

• Jim Lesinski 32 posts 54 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 19:36
    Jim Lesinski

So has anyone resolved this issue? I am experiencing this issue as well with Courier 1.3 and Umbraco 4.5.2. It seems that only files that are embedded in the rich text editor have this issue for me. 

• Jim Lesinski 32 posts 54 karma points
    Feb 17, 2011 @ 22:57
    Jim Lesinski

After some troubleshooting I determined that this only occurs on files that I manually transferred between environments before I installed Courier. So, in order to resolve this issue I decided to delete everything through the UI and re-transfer everything from my Staging Environment to Production using Courier.

Before YOU DO ANYTHING back everything up including the umbraco web folder and the Database for both Dev and Production environments.
    Here are the steps I took:

In Production
    1. On the Content Admin Page, Delete all Content Nodes beneath the main Content Node. This includes all Pages, Folders, and all other custom document types.

2. Empty the Content Area Recycle Bin.

3. On the Media Admin Page, Delete all Media. This includes all folders, images, files, etc. 

4. Empty the Media Area Recycle Bin.

5. Recycled the app pool for that web or do an iisreset. 

In Staging

1. On the Media Admin page, Right Click Each Media folder and each indivdidual item Transfer to your Production Environment. For Folders, be sure to check Transfer all Children. This process is a bit tedious, but you can't avoid it. I tried to simplly transfer all content, but if you do that you will lose your media folder structure and end up transferring all the media items anyway. (As Seen Here)

2. On the Content Admin page, Right Click the Top level Node and Select Transfer... Make sure to Select Transfer all children. I did not publish initially. 

3. After some time all of your content should be replicated in your Production Environment again. 

In Production

1. Review your Media Section to make sure the folder structure is correct. If it isn't you can always re-transfer items from Dev to Prod to sort it out. This is what I had to do because I didn't transfer the media first.

2. Review your Content. Everything should have Transferred over. I did notice one issue with some hyperlinks so I re-transferred that specific node again and it worked. 

3. Right Click the Root Node and Select Publish. Make sure to check in the box to publish all subpages. 

Your site, and courier, should be working again now. If you had any xslt files that used a specific node id, you will need to update these. I had some that used GetXmlNodeById so I had to update these xslt files to get them to work again because the node id's had changed. 

Additionally, if you reference any media items directly by the path, you would need to update those static references. 

Please let me know if you find any issues with this process. It will help me out as well. 

Jim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft