Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Janet Kirklen 102 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 00:09
    Janet Kirklen

Media transfer not keeping folder structure

I am using Courier 1.3 with Umbraco 4.5.2

In Media I have the following structure.

Products

Product 1

Product 2

If I transfer the images that are in the Product 1 folder, the Product 1 folder is placed at the root level and not under the Products folder.

If I try an transfer the Products folder and all of it's children I get a timeout error becausse there are so many items in the subfolders.  Why isn't this folder structure maintained?

I am also getting an error on any subfolder that contains a .pdf file.  

Is there a web.config setting that needs to be made to allow for certain file types or to extend timeout or file size limits?

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Nov 23, 2010 @ 10:43
    Chris Koiak

I'm also experiencing this issue.

Core team - Is there an update on this?

Cheers,

Chris

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 15:48
    James Drever

I'm also experiencing this issue - it also happens when you transfer pages with images that are held within the media folder structure.  Be really good to know that this will be sorted in Courer 2, if not before. Lot resting on Courier 2, I'd have to say - Umbraco fantastic in so many ways, but migrating content and other dependencies from development to staging server is a bit of a nightmare.

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 16:30
    James Drever

Should add that a workaround for the above is to transfer the images before the content - this seems to work ok.

• Jim Lesinski 32 posts 54 karma points
    Feb 17, 2011 @ 22:05
    Jim Lesinski

Additionally I have found that if you transfer the media files directly from the media section, even after your folder structure gets messed up, your folder structure will correct itself. It is a pain because you have to do each folder or item individually, but it does correct the issue.

• Vladimir Knobel 95 posts 171 karma points
    Jun 27, 2012 @ 13:01
    Vladimir Knobel

Now with Courier 2.6 and I'm still seeing this issue in my instalation... 

• Rob Brown 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 26, 2012 @ 11:11
    Rob Brown

I have Courier 2.7.1 and it's still there. Disappointing given this is a piece of paid-for software.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 27, 2012 @ 13:15
    Per Ploug

Rob, could I get some details on this issue from you so I can reproduce? 

Courier 1.3 and Courier 2 has zero code in common so the root of this issue is not the same as Courier 2 uses its won api and datalayer all the way through

So could I get some details on

- how the media library looks on the source site

- What you transfer to trigger transfering those media items

- how it looks on the destination machine

• John Semmel 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 25, 2014 @ 19:17
    John Semmel

The problem persists with Courier_2.7.8.40.hotfix.v6.  Looks like Courier blows away the media type structure from the cmsContentTypeAllowedContentType table that allows folders, images and files to be attached to folders.  I have to rebuild this structure every time. 

Courier also doesn't seem to move all the media you request.  In a migration I attempted this morning, I got 12 out of 20 files moved.  I had to move the 8 manually, but this is a little off-topic.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft