Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gianluca 56 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 24, 2010 @ 15:06
    Gianluca

Does Courier work in the new 4.5 umbraco version?

Hi.

I'd like to try Courier... I am using Umbraco 4.5.

When I try to install the Courier package (from Umbraco Pro package section) I get an error and I am not able to carry on. Also my installation becomes unusable and it returns an exception if I just try to access /umbraco...

Is there anyone that has already tested this extension with the new CMS version?

Thanks in advance,

Gianluca

• Gianluca 56 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 24, 2010 @ 16:02
    Gianluca

FYI, this is the exception I get. Is there anyone who knows how I can solve this? 

Cheers,

G.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS(SELECT ID FROM UMBRACOUSERTYPE WHERE ID = 1 AND NOT USERTYPEDEFAULTPER' at line 1
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 
    Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS(SELECT ID FROM UMBRACOUSERTYPE WHERE ID = 1 AND NOT USERTYPEDEFAULTPER' at line 1
    Source Error: 
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace: 
    [MySqlException (0x80004005): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS(SELECT ID FROM UMBRACOUSERTYPE WHERE ID = 1 AND NOT USERTYPEDEFAULTPER' at line 1]
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket() +238
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId) +60
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet() +50
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +565
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +923
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +43
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(MySqlConnection connection, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) +125
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parms) +80
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.MySql.MySqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parameters) +57
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +148
    [SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +230
       Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.Install1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +81
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 01:47
    overflew

I'm getting the following error after installing Courier 1.2, which takes down all of the Umbraco back-office:

This is on a fresh installation of 4.5, with Courier being the only other package installed, and the pro licence. Is there a planned update for 4.5 compatibility?

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index]
       System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException() +72
       Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Tree.CourierAction.get_Alias() +48
       umbraco.controls.Tree.JTreeContextMenu.RenderJSONMenu() +302
       umbraco.controls.Tree.TreeControl.GetJSONContextMenu() +111
       ASP.umbraco_controls_tree_treecontrol_ascx.__DataBind__control2(Object sender, EventArgs e) +65
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +83
       System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +157
       System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +15
       System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +187
       System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +167
       umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3529
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +46
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +83
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +49
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +120
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3927

• overflew 87 posts 110 karma points
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 02:18
    overflew

I've tried getting the 1.2.6 version from the nightly builds, and still get the same issue.

I flicked on debug = true in the config, and got the following as the cause of the error:

Line 24:     var ctxMenu = <%#GetJSONContextMenu() %>; 

• timgrove 28 posts 61 karma points
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 20:41
    timgrove

Has there been any confirmation that the latest version of Courier will, or will not work with 4.5?

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 20:59
    Niels Hartvig

Courier will work with Umbraco 4.5.1. There's a general issue in the core of Umbraco which makes it incompatible with a large range of packages using context menus. Courier is one of the affected packages. This will be addressed in Umbraco 4.5.1 to be released July/August.

• timgrove 28 posts 61 karma points
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 21:54
    timgrove

Thanks for the confirmation and update, Niels!

• Parthiban 6 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 20, 2010 @ 02:01
    Parthiban

Hi Niel one of my clients has recently bought the courier licence and we are using .net 4.0, umbraco 4.5.1 and courier 1.2. I am still having issues with context menu not appearing. I was wondering if the issue has been resolved

• mots 44 posts 75 karma points
    Nov 26, 2010 @ 15:57
    mots

Hi,

I have tried to install Courier on my Umbraco installation through the package repository in the developer section, and the installation was completed successfully, but when I was asked to configure the target settings, it caused an error saying it could not update the configuration file. The error was:

Error message:
    System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid XML document. The document does not have a root element. at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Settings.Config.Save() at Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.Install1.updateConfig_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Now when I just try to go to the Umbraco home page of my site (mysite.com/umbraco), it is giving me the server application error as someone has stated above, "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection". Does anyone know why this is happening?

Additionally I have tried to look into installing Courier manually but the Courier installation guide webpage does not contain the manual installation package. Does anyone know where or when this will be available?

Thanks.

• umbracov 38 posts 58 karma points
    Apr 29, 2011 @ 19:27
    umbracov

Hey Guys, 

I get the same error like the previous post

I am installing courier 1.2 on umbraco version 4.5.2 

After I get the Courier installed sucessfully message I enter the host name and click the Update Configuration and I get the following error.

Courier failed in updating the configuration file. It might be due to insufficient permissions. Please update the /umbraco/plugins/UmbracoCourier/Settings/courier.config file manually
    Error message:
    System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid XML document, The document does not have a root element.. at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename) at Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Settings.Config.Save() at Umbraco.Courier.Dialogs.Install1.updateConfig_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Editing the Courier.config does not help either.

I tried looking into the UserTypes and get the following error message

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index

Any help and support at the earliest is appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft