Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mo 34 posts 54 karma points
    May 23, 2010 @ 08:13
    Mo

Contour ajax error on live server

NOTE: IIS 6, web.config has all the entries added automatically by contour, file permissions are correct.

I'm facing this error with contour:

On my local system the site works fine, but on the live server this is what I get on the contour pane:

No provider with id '3f92e01b-29e2-4a30-bf33-9df5580ed52c' found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Umbraco.Forms.Core.Common.ProviderException: No provider with id '3f92e01b-29e2-4a30-bf33-9df5580ed52c' found

In addition to that, all panes on the cms have disappeared.

I hav tried recreating the problem, and have succeeded.

Turns out the AjaxControlToolkit.dll file included with umbraco/contour is version 1. If I replace it with the 3.5 version of AjaxControlToolkit.dll the error occurs.

The host already has ajax 3.5 installed globally, and is ignoring AjaxControlToolkit.dll found in the site bin which is what is causing the problem.

If anyone has any ideas on how to run the old AjaxControlToolkit.dll from the site's bin folder rather than the global server, I'd appreciate it!!

• Mo 34 posts 54 karma points
    May 24, 2010 @ 08:17
    Mo

update: turns out the host forgot to add network user execute priveleges on the bin folder. Oh well!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft