Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Burla 2560 posts 8256 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 10:05
    Anders Burla

Problems with 1 contour form and an asp.net form and validation groups

Hi,

I have this page

http://www.globalwindpower.dk/da/technical--commercial-management/gratis-sundhedstjek/bestillingsformular.aspx

With a contour form on. In the top there is a member login form. When posting the contour form it tries to validate the login fields. I found a post about validation groups and have put that on the login fields and the login button ( hidden with css ), but still it gets validated when posting the contour form. Any body know what else can be the problem or how to solve it?

I can post code if you need it :)

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 26, 2010 @ 10:12

That should do the trick. Do the login name validator, password validator and login button all have the same validation group ?

Feb 26, 2010 @ 15:40
    Anders Burla

Yes they have - thats the weird about it all. Its inside an asp.net login control and in the "anonymous" template

Mar 01, 2010 @ 14:06
    Anders Burla

Any idea Tim?

Mar 01, 2010 @ 16:03

Think it might be related to the onsubmit attribute on your form tag

Mar 03, 2010 @ 08:22
    Anders Burla

When you developed contour did you test with both a contour form and another asp.net static post button and test the validation? As i dont think its a problem in my code as i cant add validation groups to more controls and its still having the problem. Maybe contour should have a validation group so it dont break other forms on the page?

Mar 03, 2010 @ 17:04

Hi Anders, yes that has been tested, if the other forms have a validation group it should work fine.

But to avoid this in the future, we'll add validation groups to the validators used by a Contour form in the next maintenance release.

Mar 04, 2010 @ 11:05
    Anders Burla

When is the maintenance release scheduled for?

Is it possible for you to make a simple test with a login control form and a contour form?

Mar 04, 2010 @ 15:36
    Anders Burla

I have tested some more.

When i dont have validation groups on the login form the login fields is also validated when i submit the contour form by asp.net client validation and shows small * error text. When i put validation group on the login control its only the contour fields that gets validated by client validation. BUT then on the postback it validates the login form as well and the * error message displays for the login control.

Is that because of contour not having validationGroup or something about my static form?

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Mar 16, 2010 @ 17:08
    Jon Dunfee

Like Anders, when is the next maintenance release scheduled?  I'm running into this very same situation (newsletter signup & contact form).  I've removed all validators from the Contour forms and will likely create my own validationGroup-like activity through jQuery.

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Apr 06, 2010 @ 02:49
    Tom

I am also having the same issue.. and it is not something i can fix using css to hide the elements etc.. We really need this fixed as we rely on validation groups and the client has requested the use of contour

Apr 06, 2010 @ 11:00
    Anders Burla

Tim has confirmed that this is fixed in the next release, but i said it would be published almost 2 weeks ago. Tim any progress on the release of the maintenance release?

Apr 06, 2010 @ 11:14
    Anders Burla

I was a little to fast. Here is a post where Tim says the 1.09 version of contour is out.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/8260-Pagename-in-Contour-Email-workflow?p=0#comment30637

Tim could you make a blog post about it or how do you notify people of new releases? Also the minor releases is important to us, as it fixes bugs

Apr 06, 2010 @ 17:13

@Anders, we are working on an update of umbraco.org where it will be possible to easily keep track of the product releases.

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Apr 08, 2010 @ 09:05
    Tom

Hi I was just wondering where do we actually download the upgrades from.. I can't seem to find out where to even get 1.09 from..

can we confirm that this version fixes the bug?

Thanks,

Tom

• Neil Campbell 58 posts 182 karma points
    Apr 08, 2010 @ 09:12
    Neil Campbell

Hi Tom,
    You can get it from here http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/1.0.9/

Pretty sure this version fixes this bug, as it is noted in changes.txt

Cheers,
    Neil

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft