Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Terkildsen 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 02, 2010 @ 15:35
    Peter Terkildsen

Edit data from front end?

Hi,

I'm playing around with the Contour product, and I wanted to know if it is possible at all to let a member access and edit his own information from front end? I know that Contour saves a memberKey, but it doesn't seem that there are any API methods to retrieve form data based on memberKey.

Am I wrong here??

Peter

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Jan 02, 2010 @ 17:32
    Casey Neehouse

Peter,

This is not contour specific, but I did something similar by writing a couple extensions to access data and display it based on specific rules.  You can either do it with xslt extensions (public static methods), or user controls to handle the display.  If your content is always published, then you can use xslt as is to check the rules, but my data wasn't always published (approval, etc).

• Per Ploug Hansen 208 posts 129 karma points
    Jan 04, 2010 @ 08:35
    Per Ploug Hansen

Hi Peter

It is currently not possible to fetch contour records from memberKey, will add that to the feature suggestion list, as it's a good idea.

If you know the record key however (you could save it on the member) you can retrieve the record and edit it through the api. 

• Erik Ernst 70 posts 90 karma points
    Mar 31, 2010 @ 22:50
    Erik Ernst

Hi Per,

Just wanted to say that I would really like that part.

What I'm looking to archive is to let my members retrieve a list of their active projects from a SQL database (Navision) and let them update and add their time used.

Rgds,

Erik

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 17:21
    Laurence Gillian

Okay, that sounds great.

But how do you find the record key, it doesn't seem to be listed with the entries?

Lau

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 17:35
    Laurence Gillian

Ah got it, I'd turned the options column off by mistake. Ta, Lau

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft