Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan Nguyen 27 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 19:53
    Ryan Nguyen

Umbraco V7 Contour form not showing when using "Insert Macro" in RTE

Hey guys, 

It seems i'm having a bit of an issue.  I installed the Contour trial version and I was able to create some sample forms, but when I use the rich textbox editor (RTE) to insert in the form, it does not show up on the list.  Please help.

Thanks

Ryan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 20:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ryan,

I was thinking if it could be this issue that you have bumped into http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-636

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jan 27, 2015 @ 20:30
    Ryan Nguyen

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the fast post, unfortunately thats not it.  However, after doing some more debugging this is what I found in the console log.  Do you have any idea why it would be causing this?  

My IIS Setting:

Thanks

Ryan

Jan 27, 2015 @ 20:45
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ryan.

Check that the files is located in the /App_Plugin and not missing. Then you need to make sure that you have the right permissions on files and folder. You can see an overview over that permission that is necessary. http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jan 27, 2015 @ 21:44
    Ryan Nguyen

Hey Dennis,

I just validated that all the files are there located under /App_Plugin.  I also checked to make sure this issue wasn't the case ("http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-636").   I also validated that I have all the permissioning correct by giving the "IIS_IUSRS" full control over the the whole directory.  I also made sure all the files are NOT "Read Only".  

So far.. nothing seems to work

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Ryan

Jan 27, 2015 @ 23:07
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ryan,

Right now I am empty for ideas of what you could try. But if I get some more, I will let you know.

/Dennis

Jan 27, 2015 @ 23:14
    Ryan Nguyen

Thanks! In the mean time, i'll continue to debug

Jan 28, 2015 @ 00:25
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ryan,

I was just thinking perhaps you can get some more information about why you are getting the Server error 500, by looking in the log files. and see i if anything is marked with ERROR or WARNING.

You will find the Umbraco log files in the /App_Data/Logs folder on your file system for your Umbraco installation.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jan 28, 2015 @ 16:02
    Ryan Nguyen

Hey Dennis,

Just looked at the log files,  There wasn't a specific one for Contour, so I looked at UmbracoTraceLog.txt file instead.  The only error i saw was this, and i'm not sure if this is related or not.

2015-01-28 08:59:59,334 [98] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 288] An unhandled exception occurred

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)

at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.GenerateSelectorsForElementsWithTagName(List`1 elements, String selectorFormatString, SelectorGroupFunction[] groupMethods, Int32 startIndex)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.GenerateSelectorsForElementsWithTagName(List`1 elements, String selectorFormatString, SelectorGroupFunction[] groupMethods, Int32 startIndex)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.GenerateSelectorsWorker(IEnumerable`1 elements, String selectorFormatString, SelectorGroupFunction[] groupMethods)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.GenerateSelectors(IEnumerable`1 elements)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.MappingData.MappingDataUtilities.ProcessDataIntoJsonObjects(IEnumerable`1 renderedOutputList)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.PageInspector.Runtime.Tracing.RequestDataHttpHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Thanks

Ryan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft