Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Meltesen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 08:53
    Daniel Meltesen

Entries have dissappeared

We've installed Umbraco forms (UmbracoForms.Package.4.0.0-Build.106) on Umbraco (version 7.1.8)

Setup a form (signup). Everything was working as expected on friday (23rd January) with a total of 41 entries but when we logged in this morning, the entries seem to have vanished in to thin air, only 21 entries this morning, and all of the entries from friday are gone.

Friday we changed the form since a mandatory field, hidden until another condition was met, made submitting the form impossible. Could this change have anything to do with the missing entries?

Is umbraco Forms prone to errasing itself on the fly?

Starting to loose confidence in Umbraco Forms, and really need to try everything to get thoose form entries back, anywhere i can locate old entries on the server?

Hoping that someone out there can help us.

Disclaimer: we are very new to Umbraco and without any hardcore developer skills

• Mattia Cerantola 10 posts 30 karma points
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 09:32
    Mattia Cerantola

Hi!

The same happens to me, I upgrade my forms this morning to versione 4.0 and after the update all my entries were gone.

Umbraco version 7.2.1

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 26, 2015 @ 10:30

Could you check the database, the UFRecords table how many records you have in there, I think it is just an issue with the records viewer not showing all entries

So would be great if you can check your UFRecords table

Jan 26, 2015 @ 10:35
    Mattia Cerantola

The records are still in the DB, but in Umbraco they are still "invisible"....

Sounds strange

Jan 26, 2015 @ 10:38

Yeah we discovered that in some cases the json that is stored (and used for the entries viewer) will be invalid, working on a fix that will be out today. So your data is still there it is just the entries viewer that fails to display it 

Jan 26, 2015 @ 14:04

Ok version 4.0.1 is out fixing this issue so if you upgrade (which you can do from the forms dashboard) all new entries should be created correctly.

To fix the invalid json data you can install this tool https://www.dropbox.com/s/za3jnf5wulkrtt6/Umbraco_Forms_Json_Fixer_1.0.zip?dl=0 in the backoffice

Once installed you can find it on the dashboard of the developer section. 

Let me know if that does the trick.

Cheers,
    Tim 

Jan 28, 2015 @ 11:52
    Mattia Cerantola

Hi. I'm trying to update my umbraco forms to version 4.0.1 but the button doesn't appear. Is possible to have a direct link to version 4.0.1? I'll install by myself manually.

Thank you.

Jan 30, 2015 @ 11:01

Hi Mattia, try UmbracoForms.Files.4.0.1.zip (it isnt' a package but an archive containing the files, a simple xcopy command should perform the upgrade)

Jan 30, 2015 @ 11:02
    Mattia Cerantola

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft