Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 12:26
    Dan

Contour approval dashboard UI feedback

Hi,

Umbraco 6.2.4 / Contour 3.0.23-Build.20.

I have a form set to manual approval.  When I manually approve entries (either individually or using the checkbox and picking 'approve' from the drop-down) there's no feedback at all to indicate what's happened.  If I refresh the page or reload the entries then I can see it's worked because the entries have gone to the 'approved' view so no longer appear in the 'submitted' view.  I've tried using custom workflows and standard 'out of the box' workflows - they trigger fine but there's no UI feedback at all.

Same thing happens when deleting records.  No indication that it happened or didn't happen.

Question is, is this a bug or intended?  If it's intended then I'll put in a feature request for it to change, because currently it's not good UX; the administrator can/will approve things multiple times in confusion.

Thanks

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 16, 2014 @ 12:39

Guess it's just bad UI, if you could add to the issue tracker that would be ace :)

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 12:46
    Dan

Thanks for the speedy response Tim, much appreciated.

I've created a feature request here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-645.

In the meantime, is there a way I can refresh the entries list from a custom workflow, or show a message on the entries page?  Doesn't have to be great, I could just do with a way to try to prevent the editor from repeatedly approving the same entries.  Anything you can think of as a temporary solution?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft