Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pat McGhen 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 18:58
    Pat McGhen

Page is refreshed, but no record is saved

I'm running into a weird problem with adding a contour form to my project. The form renders fine, I'm not getting any errors in my console. I submit the form and it refreshes the page, but it does not display the thank you message, save the record, or send the email from the submission step in the workflow.

I'm using Umbraco 7.1.8 and Contour 3.0.23-Build.20.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 20:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pat and welcome to our :)

Have you setup the sender e-mail address in the /config/umbracoSettings.config file? Somewhere it's possible to set an e-mail address, which is used as the sender address.

Also...what does your SMTP setting in the web.config look like? A nice way to do e-mail testing btw is by using http://smtp4dev.codeplex.com/ if you don't already know about it :)

Finally...have you checked the trace log in /app_data/logs to see if it reveals anything marked with ERROR related to the issue?

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 02, 2014 @ 23:00
    Pat McGhen

Thanks, Jan. I'll take a look through the logs and hopefully that'll help me on my way.

Dec 03, 2014 @ 15:55
    Pat McGhen

I checked the UmbracoTraceLog and I'm not seeing any errors, however I DO get an error in the license log

Could not validate license: Your license has been approved for the following IPs/Domains:

The domains listed are correct, and I am working from one of the dev environments in the list of approved domains.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 19:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pat

Hmm, don't know if it might be a bug. Is it possible for you to setup/re-register the Contour license again? /Jan

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 05, 2014 @ 10:27

License shouldn't have any influence on that step, could it be that you have nested forms? So it's submitting the surrounding form?

• Stephen 47 posts 270 karma points
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 13:21
    Stephen

I'm having the same issue - page posts but reloads the existing page. There's no validation errors showing.

The form was working and looks like it's been broken since 20th October, which is also about the time we upgraded to 7.1.8 according to source control.

Any way of debugging this?

Stephen

Dec 08, 2014 @ 13:02

THanks for the extra info Stephen, will try to reproduce

Dec 08, 2014 @ 13:10

Hmm can't reproduce, could you send a backup of your site to tg at umbraco dot com and then I can try to debug locally

• Stephen 47 posts 270 karma points
    Dec 08, 2014 @ 13:12
    Stephen

Hi,

Actually we've figured what might have caused it - we'd been using the ContourFormCsrfUnSave method rather than ContourForm. The code was copied from a previous project that used it for reasons to do with caching, but wasn't necessary here. Changing to just use the ContourForm method made the site work.

Had something changed with that method somewhere in a recent release?

-        @using (Html.BeginForm("ContourFormCsrfUnSave", "FormRender", FormMethod.Post, new { enctype = "multipart/form-data" }))

+        @using (Html.BeginForm("ContourForm", "FormRender", FormMethod.Post, new { enctype = "multipart/form-data" }))

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft