Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob Polden 67 posts 177 karma points
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 13:05
    Jacob Polden

Contour not saving response on Live, works locally?!

This is a bit of an odd one I will admit!

I have an Umbraco 7.1.8 project set up in VS which is running locally in IIS with a SQL server database. I have installed contour by downloading the zip "UmbracoContour_3.0.23" and installing it via umbraco. There was a little hiccup in the install when it didn't install the "Insert form from Umbraco Contour" macro properly, but I recreated the macro and it seems to be working fine.

I have created a simple contact us form with a couple of text boxes, and a reCaptcha field. I have also made some custom form views. All of this appears to be working correctly and it looks good! I can submit a form entry and it appears in the entries for the form in the backend. The validation for the form is working correctly too.

However when I put the project onto live the form is no longer saving my entries to contour. I have checked my licence and I am very confident it is setup correctly, I thought this was the root cause of my issue but I am sure it's not. When I hit the submit button you can tell its not taking long enough to process the form properly, the page reloads just displaying the form page, no "thank you" message.

Probably worth mentioning Live is sharing the same remote database as my development Umbraco project.

It almost feels like the form is failing validation, I even removed the recaptcha field and set the workflow to save to file rather than sending an email. I have checked the logs and there is nothing about contour at all.

Any advice or help would be gratefully received!

TIA

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 24, 2014 @ 13:10

Could you test what happens when you place the form on a very simple template so just 

<html>

<head></head>

<body> contour form here </body>

</html>

Does that behave the same? If it works in that case then something on your templates must be wrong

If it still goes wrong in that case try restoring the original form views

Nov 24, 2014 @ 13:18
    Jacob Polden

I will give this a shot and let you know, but surely if that was the cause the form wouldn't work on live and wouldn't work locally? As it stands the form is working correctly on my local machine.

Nov 24, 2014 @ 13:30

and both environments are 100% identical ? same view changes, same templates?

Nov 24, 2014 @ 13:40
    Jacob Polden

Yes, I have just done on the winmerge on the two environments just to double check. Is there anything I could do to prove that the licence isn't working or something like that?

Nov 24, 2014 @ 13:41

What happens when you remove the license?

Nov 24, 2014 @ 15:07
    Jacob Polden

No visible difference. The back office displays the "You are not licenced" dialogue box but nothing more. No entries saved and nothing in the logs other than the licencing logs which reads

Could not validate license: Your license has been approved for the following IPs/Domains: - This license is *not* associated with any ips or domains at all

Nov 24, 2014 @ 15:08

Ok and any packages that are installed on live that aren't installed locally?

Nov 24, 2014 @ 15:23
    Jacob Polden

Same packages installed on both environments:

• Belle Icon Pack
    • ImageGen
    • Umbraco Contour

Nov 24, 2014 @ 15:29

Ok strange... do you see a difference in the form tag being generated locally and on live?

Nov 24, 2014 @ 15:46
    Jacob Polden

They also appear to be the same:

Local

<form action="" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" novalidate="novalidate">

Live

<form action="" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" novalidate="novalidate">

Nov 24, 2014 @ 15:47

Not sure what the issue is then, could you send me a copy of the live site? tg at umbraco dot com, hopefully I'm able to reproduce...

Nov 24, 2014 @ 15:51
    Jacob Polden

Email sent :)

Nov 24, 2014 @ 16:29
    Jacob Polden

Turns out there was some sort of caching/cookie issue on my side. Going into incognito mode fixed my form.

A tiny bit of facepalm on my part.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft