Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 09, 2014 @ 21:33
    Matt

Source of spam

I'm getting nailed with a bunch of spam messages from our website, but I can't determine where they are coming from. I have recaptcha added. 

What is strange is that the spam messages have different "Subject" lines and different fields in the email.

Here is an example of a Spam: 

Subject: Website Enquiry from wayoutback.com.au
    Name:snow mantra von canada goose
    Email:[email protected]
    Message: Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website? My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would really benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this okay with you. Regards! snow mantra von canada goose http://www.stuckatthemall.us/images/canada-goose-outlet/@@snow-mantra-von-canada-goose31kv.html

Here is an example of how a legitimate message comes in: 

Subject: Website Contact Us form submission

Name:

Patricia Katharina Nopper
    Email: [email protected]
    Are you real?:

Any idea how I can figure out where the spammy messages are coming from?

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 10, 2014 @ 09:29

If they are coming from Contour you should also be able to see them in the records viewer, do they appaer in there?

Nov 10, 2014 @ 09:34
    Matt

Do you mean the Form Entries? They do not appear there. I am ony assuming they are coming from Contour as that is the only contact form on the site. It's very strang though as the fields in this form are slightly different than the fields that legitimate contacts come through. I am at a total loss!

Nov 10, 2014 @ 09:36

If they aren't shown in the form entries then they aren't being submitted with the contour form

Nov 10, 2014 @ 09:41
    Matt

Bizarre - how else would I be getting sent spam emails? I had only added my email to one area of the site, the Contour Form - can't figure out where else these are being generated from.

Nov 10, 2014 @ 11:21

Maybe try disabling the email workflow and see if you still get spam messages

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft