Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Oct 28, 2014 @ 11:11
    Kieron McIntyre

Form not saving and not redirecting (v3.0.21 in Umbraco 7.1.8)

In a nutshell, I have installed Contour 3.0.21 into Umbraco 7.1.8 (locally for now) and my contact form is successfully rendered to the page, although the action attribute is empty (should this be the case?).

Anyway, when the form is submitted the data is not being saved and the page is not redirecting to my specified thank you page. I have a valid license but I would expect this to work anyway in a local environment. There is nothing in the logs which suggests that actually nothing is happening.

There are a couple of additional factors at play here too - I'm using Autofac to register my controllers, and I am using a modified version of the hybrid framework so I have a default controller etc.

The macro is rendered using:

@Umbraco.RenderMacro("umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm", new { FormGuid = "b83ddaeb-7910-41ae-a5f8-3c0a514bf1ef" })

and the form itself is the standard:

@using (Html.BeginForm("ContourForm", "FormRender", FormMethod.Post, new { enctype = "multipart/form-data" })) { ... }

I would expect the action to be rendered as whatever route Contour registers for the ContourForm() on the FormRenderController but then maybe Contour is not registering a route?

Can any one help please? Am I missing something really basic here?

• Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Oct 28, 2014 @ 11:42
    Kieron McIntyre

Turns out I was missing the @Html.AntiForgeryToken() line in the form. One to remember.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft