Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 18:33
    karen

Error installing Contour

Umbraco 6.2.1

I am trying to get this to work on my dev server but have not had any luck.  Decided to try the latest version of Contour and downloaded this package: UmbracoContour_3.0.21_update.zip (  I unisntalled previous version because none of the buttons were working and random errors pop up (another form post which no one answered).

I can't install Contour via the Umbraco package Respository because I am behind a firewall and it never can connect.  So I have to install via the zip.

Am trying to re-install with this new package, and I get this error:

Could not upload file

System.Exception: Error unpacking extension... ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Web\Umbraco-whrx\App_Data\41fdde17-1596-4b72-a4d1-56e1cf99c5dc\package.xml'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy) at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.uploadFile(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I have no idea why it is trying to look on drive E (which is my local drive, I am connected to work computer via RDP and have the drive mapped).  I reconnected via RDP and unhooked what I had mapped as an E drive (so currently there is no E drive mapped) and still give this same message ...

Please help, we purchased Contour over a month ago and I still haven't been able to get it to work!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 19:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Karen

Judging from what you write above about downloading the update.zip I think that's probably the issue since you seem to have uninstalled the previous version and then trying to install the upgrade package. If that must work you should not uninstall the previous version.

So I think you should download this version from the download page UmbracoContour_3.0.21.zip

Hope I have understood your issue and that this helps :)

/Jan

Oct 15, 2014 @ 22:19
    karen

Hi Jan,

Thanks - not sure what I was reading when I read to download the update zip!  I jsut tried to install  UmbracoContour_3.0.21.zip and now am getting the error below. Under Installed packages 'Umbraco Contour' is now listed, but I have no Contour icon on the bottom left to actually access it.  (I can also uninstal it under the installed packages tab, tried this and re-installed to see the same error below)

(I havein my web.config so not sure why it is telling me this)

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Source Error: 

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace: 

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.]
       System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, IntPtr* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, IntPtr* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount, ObjectHandleOnStack type) +0
       System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandleInternal(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext) +180
       System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] genericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments) +192
       System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttributeRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly& lastAptcaOkAssembly, RuntimeModule decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes, RuntimeType& attributeType, IRuntimeMethodInfo& ctor, Boolean& ctorHasParameters, Boolean& isVarArg) +115
       System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent) +426
       System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, RuntimeType caType) +103
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetCustomAttributes(Boolean inherit) +33
       System.Web.UI.AssemblyCache.GetAjaxFrameworkAssemblyAttribute(Assembly assembly) +76
       System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.get_DefaultAjaxFrameworkAssembly() +399
       System.Web.UI.ScriptManager..ctor() +26
       ASP.umbraco_masterpages_umbracopage_master.__BuildControlScriptManager1() +25
       ASP.umbraco_masterpages_umbracopage_master.__BuildControlform1() +133
       ASP.umbraco_masterpages_umbracopage_master.__BuildControlTree(umbraco_masterpages_umbracopage_master __ctrl) +269
       ASP.umbraco_masterpages_umbracopage_master.FrameworkInitialize() +22
       System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal() +35
       System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) +9043394
       System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() +15
       System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +45
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +328

Oct 16, 2014 @ 19:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Karen

You write that you're behind a firewall...so I take that you're not trying to install Contour locally?

It might be related to the firewall I guess - Could you try setting up a local umbraco installation and see if you can install Contour on it?

/Jan

Oct 16, 2014 @ 22:57
    karen

I am behind a firewall, but the dev server I am installing to is also behind the firewall.

I uninstalled 3.0.21 and tried 3.0.12 (a co-worker said that is what worked for him) and that installed with no errors.

However if I click the 'create' button on the Contour main page, nothing happens (no javascript errors, just nothing).  But am able to create using right-click on the Forms folder, so will just move forward working that way.

I actually did install it locally (v 3.0.12) and while it installed OK, I keep getting an error popup - I posted a question here asking for help on it and never got any answer.  (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/56289-Error-popup-when-on-contour-tab).  I thought I'd try on the dev server to see if it acted any different.  Didn't realize until now that I was using different versions (3.0.12 and 3.0.21).

So far not getting that popup error on the dev server.  Keeping fingers crossed it stays that way.

Oct 17, 2014 @ 15:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Karen

Ok, think it's probably related to the firewall stuff some way.

It would be nice to know if you get the same problems if you try to install locally.

Crossing my fingers that you succeed installing it as well :)

/Jan

Oct 17, 2014 @ 16:04
    karen

I will uinstall the local 3.0.12 version (since not working anyway) and install the 3.0.21 version and see if the same error on install pops up.

Why should it matter if it is behind a firewall ?

But in the end I might try the manual installation, that might work better for this situation (have to promote qa/production, so might be easier to manage the files)

Oct 17, 2014 @ 16:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Karen

Not sure if it matters that you're behind a firewall - It's just that I have not had an issue installing Contour 3.0.2.1 myself...so just trying to see if I can figure out why it does nok seem to go flawlessly in your end :)

/Jan

• Simon Hewitt 65 posts 126 karma points
    Oct 17, 2014 @ 17:30
    Simon Hewitt

'mscorlib' was moved in .NET Framework 4.5 and the Contour libraries are compiled on a machine with the 4.5 Framework installed. To get Contour to work install 4.5 on the machine running Umbraco and all will be good.

Just to be clear, all you need to do is install the 4.5 framework, you don't need to run your app pools on it or recompile any of your code to make this work.

Oct 22, 2014 @ 17:47
    karen

Hi Jan - just did the manual install locally,, and of course now again ageeting the YSOD error popup I mentioned here:  (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/56289-Error-popup-when-on-contour-tab).  No idea what to do about that!

Simon - Well our servers do not have 4.5 Framework installed, and not an option to install it right now.  Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft