Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 94 posts 255 karma points
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 17:11
    Stephen

Contour bug - Failed to save form

Hi,

I think I have found a bug.  Not the first time #i have come across it, but the first time I could pinpoint it.

Using Umbraco 7.1

Contour 3.0.20

Basically I am using a multi step form.

When I either:

Create a new field, then I change the the field type to "textarea", update, then I get a failed save.

OR

I create a new field with the type of "Textarea", this will save, create a new step, create a field, click save, and fails until I go back and remove the textarea field.

Are you able to provide a fix wor work around please.

Thanks

Stephen

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 19:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stephen

Does the /app_data/logs file reveal any further information?

Could it be an option to try and upgrade Contour to latest release and see if that fixes the issue? http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour

/Jan

Oct 22, 2014 @ 03:59
    Stephen

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the slow reply, but i have thrown everything at this and got no where.  I am thinking about crreating the files by hand where possible.  I have a customer seriously about to run out of patience on this one.

I have updated the version of Contour to the current version, and there is no difference.

After a lot more investigation, I have discovered a little more.

Basically if you are using field sets, even on the same page things go wonky.

Basically create a second field set, put a textarea in there, create a third, put anything in.  It won't save any more.  Like I said this is not the first time I have seen this, but I never managed to get any real details last time.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C798490E65E2776D!2101&authkey=!AHU9OAb75ob3K1A&ithint=file%2cucf

If you download the above file.  Create a field set at the end add anything I think you will see the file stop saving, you will get a save error.  I am 99% sure this is not limited to Textarea either.  I hav tried other stuff that also creates errors.

There is nothing in my Umbraco log relating to this.

The thing that really gets me is, I can save a form, then try and resave and I get the error.  How did manage to save the first time and not the second.

P.s.  To get the form saving again I usually have to delete the whole fieldset, not just the field.

Please help

Oct 22, 2014 @ 19:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stephen

Sounds like a bug to me - But is it possible that I can see some screendumps or something that relates to the issue?

But sounds like you should consider doing the forms another way if there is time pressure and what you're trying to do just is not possible for some reason.

/Jan

Oct 24, 2014 @ 01:48
    Stephen

Hi Jan,

It's a pretty serious bug.  Basically the only paid for product I use from Umbraco, and it's next to ueless for my client.  It's making me look pretty stupid (for the second time).  When I have 2 spare hours, I will build 1 form in 1 fieldset, and see if there are any errors there, which I am guessing there will not be.

What kinda screen grabs are you looking for.

I am a little slow getting back to you as I am away on holiday at the mo.

Thanks

Stephen

Oct 26, 2014 @ 17:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stephen

Yeah it really sucks when you get into a situation like that. I feel the pain - been there too :-/.

There is work being done to replace Contour - Umbraco forms is going to take over. But don't know about any release data yet unfortunately.

Well just something that could illustrate the issue so it's easier to get a notion about it.

Have a nice holiday.

Cheers, Jan

Nov 14, 2014 @ 02:24
    Stephen

This would aapear to be the fix:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-176

A little sad I could not find this on the dedicated forum, but at least someone else may void the delays I had.

Thanks

Stephen

Nov 14, 2014 @ 07:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stephen

Happy that you managed to find the fix. Even though the forum is full of dedicated people it's not possible to know everything since there are many versions of Umbraco in the wild and the same goes for Contour so it's pretty hard to keep track of all potential issues if you set it up in the matrix of Umbraco versions and Contour versions.

And it's hard to keep track of whether the issue is indeed a bug or something that is acting weird in the setup one has.

But it's always a good idea to consult the issue tracker when you experience something odd as you have done :)

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft