Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Russell McGinnis 48 posts 183 karma points
    Oct 08, 2014 @ 18:53
    Russell McGinnis

Can't get Contour installed with Umbraco 7.1.4

I am taking a fresh install of Umbraco 7.1.4 from the downloaded ZIP file, setting up IIS to point to it, running through the custom installation process and then setting up my content. I have done this with several live projects with no issue.

When I try to install Contour however, it crashes after copying the files over - no config files changed, no sql updated - from what looks to be an HtmlAgilityPack clash.

I have tried to hack it in, by removing my custom code dependacy on HtmlAgilityPack and removing the DLL, which allows Contour installation and Contour operation. However when I come back to standard Umbraco actions, such as publishing a page, it crashes because it cant find the HtmlAgilityPack dll.

Is there a version of Contour that does not have the HtmlAgilityPack merged into one of its DLL's ?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 08, 2014 @ 19:22
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Russell,

To me it sounds like you are doing a manual installation of Contour, but correct me if I am wrong here. When I instal the Contour package on my Umbraco installation I always use the Install local package method.

So first I am downloading the Contour package down on my computer and then Install the package in the Umbraco backoffce.

Here is some documentation about how to install a local package. http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/packages-and-projects/how-to-install-a-package

I have just tried setup a fresh Umbraco 7.1.4 with the starter kit pre-installed, the installation uses the SQL CE database. After that I tried install the Contour 3.0.21, by using the install local package option and it went successfull.

So if it´s a option then you could try to download the Contour package from here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour, and install the zip file as a local package, and see if this goes better this time.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Oct 08, 2014 @ 20:42
    Russell McGinnis

Thanks Dennis, I appreciate you going through that process. It is the process I originally went through and all seemed fine, however when I try to repeat on an existing project, in which I have code that uses the HtmlAgilityPack, the errors start flowing.

In order to get Contour installed, I removed my own code that uses HtmlAgilityPack, but as soon as I put my code back I get the error that "HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlDocument exists in both...."

I have read on the forums that this is caused by Contour shipping with the HtmlAgilityPack merged into one of its DLLs which makes no sense whatsoever.

I really want this to work, but I'm pretty close to throwing it in the trash.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 08, 2014 @ 20:58
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Russell,

I found an issue on the issue tracker, maybe this could help you to found a solution to your problem

Try to see here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-100

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Oct 09, 2014 @ 04:07
    Russell McGinnis

Thanks Dennis, struggling with that workaround as my VS is simply pointed to my IIS folder of the code and therefore I get no properties of assemblies in the BIN folder. What I can say is that my current workaround is to take out processing that uses the HtmlAgilityPack and run it in another process - however this is a major pain in the butt!

Not sure if there is much point in continuing with this product... if a basic issue such as this cannot be solved approximately 18 months after first noted.

Again Dennis, appreciate the help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft