Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 25, 2014 @ 11:28
    Dennis Aaen

Confirmation email to user

Hi,

I am currently work on on a customer, that uses Contour to let the user send a email to them.

We are using it so the user on the website can request a login to a protected area of the site. Our client want the user that send the form get a copy of the email.

My email field has a caption of Email,

I have tried to add different syntax in the workflow of the form. I have tried this:

{email} or {record.email} but none of the sems to work for me. We are currently using Contour version 1.1.12  I know it´s a old version of Contour, so I was wondering if this could be the reason.

Hope this make sense and any help will be appreciated.

/Dennis

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:05
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Dennis,

Have you tried changing it to Email with capial E or record.Email ? What if you try deactivating the workflow  and use the default one ?

//fuji

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:43

It should just be {email} in that case , individual fields can be referenced by their caption in lowercase and with whitespace and special characters removed.

like Email {email}

or Enter your employment ID {enteryouremploymentid}

Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:44

It is an old version of Contour so might be a bug in that release, have you tried sending an email out to a fixed email address does that work?

Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:47

Just tested this with the latest Contour version and it works with {email} in case the caption is Email

Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:48
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tim,

Yup, I have tried just to have one fixed email address, in the workflow, and that works just fine.

/Dennis

Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:49

Must be a bug in that version then, try upgrading to 1.1.13.2 if version 3 is not an option

Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:54
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tim,

Thanks for you help, I will try to upgrade and get back to you when the upgrade has been done.

/Dennis

Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:56

Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:56

And an archive of old versions can be found here http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/Archive/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft