Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Sep 04, 2014 @ 23:50
    karen

Error popup when on contour tab

I just installed Contour 3.0.21 I am using Umbraco v6.2.1.  There were no errors on the install.

After a few minutes(sometimes seconds) of being on the contour tab (not even doing anything), this error pops up in a modal (since it is in a modal, I can't copy/paste the text, just lets me move the modal around). 

Here is a screenshot of the error:

Sep 11, 2014 @ 18:59
    karen

Any help ?

Sep 15, 2014 @ 18:22
    karen

So where can I go for help with this error?  My clients have paid for Contour, not sure how I am going to fix this?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 18:03
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Karen,

Since you clients have paid for Contour, I think that is okay for you to go here, http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/contour-support-and-download, (requires that you are logged into umbraco.com). But when you are logged in then you will see a option Contour helpdesk,

The description on the Contour helpdesk option: Got a hard to solve problem with Contour and would like to get guidance from us? Please submit a support ticket to the Contour helpdesk here,

Then you have the option to describe your issue with your Contour installation and the submit a support ticket.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Nov 06, 2014 @ 16:59
    karen

HI Dennis - Thanks.  I put a ticket in but have yet to hear any answers .

In the meantime, I implemented a hack that is (so far) preventing the errors from popping up.  Since the error is on page_load for 'Umbraco.Forms.UI.Pages.FeedProxy',  I edited the file /Umbraco/Plugins/umbracoContour/FeedProxy.aspx, took out the CodeBehind and Inherits so basically now that page doesn't do anything.  Since doing that I've gotten no error popups.

No idea what the purpose of this page is but it was just throwing errors and not working anyway, so can't make it any worse but removing the references.

Was this:

<% @ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="FeedProxy.aspx.cs" Inherits="Umbraco.Forms.UI.Pages.FeedProxy" %>

now this:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 22, 2015 @ 15:43
    Tim

Hi Karen,

Did you ever get a response on this? I have a client with the same error.

Jan 22, 2015 @ 19:02
    karen

Yes and no - I just implemented the hack (see above post) and no longer see the error and no longer worry about it.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 22, 2015 @ 19:20
    Jan Skovgaard

@Tim - Don't know if it helps but it seems that there has been released a new version of Contour today. Maybe it's worth giving an upgrade a shot? If it does not work then you can always use the hack mentioned - Just a thought :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft