Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren H. Pedersen 15 posts 65 karma points
    Sep 01, 2014 @ 16:35
    Søren H. Pedersen

Can send mail Locally but not Online

Hello there

I recently made my first site with Contour in Umbraco but there is a problem. When using it locally and testing the site, the form is sendt to the appointed mail without any problems, but now that I have published the site, the form isn't sent at all.

This is how I've setup the webconfig and I've also change the email in the config -> umbracoSettings.config file.

<system.net>
    <mailSettings>
      <smtp>
        <network host="asmtp.unoeuro.com" 
          userName="[email protected]" 
          password="aGreatPassword"  
          defaultCredentials="false" />
      </smtp>
    </mailSettings>

Since it works locally with these settings, I can't by the good in me, see why it shouldn't work online. Is there something I am missing make it work online?

Kind Regards Søren

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Sep 02, 2014 @ 08:40
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Soren,

In the contour section did you configure your workflow as well ? Try having a look at the entries as well. Are all entries there ?

//fuji

• Søren H. Pedersen 15 posts 65 karma points
    Sep 02, 2014 @ 09:54
    Søren H. Pedersen

I think I might have found the problem..

When I go into entries, I see them there but each field sais: "Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode".

So apparently, the Licence I bought is now bound to my local site on my computer, and I have to purchase it again to make it work on my clients homepage... Would have been nice to know this before I installed it..

I'll try and ask Helpdesk if I can change it.. Sure is annoying that it didn't warn me about this..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft