Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren H. Pedersen 15 posts 65 karma points
    Aug 23, 2014 @ 16:53
    Søren H. Pedersen

Contour Fails to send Mail

Hello there

Just started to use Contour today, and so fare, I am impressed.

However, I am having some problems with it, one of the most important ones being that it doesn't send mails. I havn't changed anything at the moment in the form. Simply created it, inserted it. Also tried looking at some of the topics here, but doesn't seem like they had a fix that worked.

But I did find out, that if I go into the Config/umbracoSettings.config file and change:

<notifications>
      <!-- the email that should be used as from mail when umbraco sends a notification -->
      <email>[email protected]</email>
    </notifications>

Into a real email, it sends without a problem, expect the reciever will be myself

<notifications>
          <!-- the email that should be used as from mail when umbraco sends a notification -->
          <email>"[email protected]"</email>
    </notifications>

So it looks like Contour isn't registering the inputted email on the contact form and use that as the sender. So hoping I can get some help to fix the problem and get the product up and rolling.

Also, not sure if this is the problem; but I am unable to insert the macro into a rich text editor, saying: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." But I am able to insert it into the template.

Kind Regards Søren

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 25, 2014 @ 15:45

You don't need the extra quotes so not <email>"[email protected]"</email> but <email>[email protected]</email>

• Søren H. Pedersen 15 posts 65 karma points
    Aug 26, 2014 @ 12:51
    Søren H. Pedersen

Seems like you can't delete your posts.. But I've fixed the problem myself.

It turns out after some hours of work, my brain malfuncitoned.. You are suppose to enter a email and if you enter your own, you are ofcourse the sender..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft