Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Barg 358 posts 532 karma points
    Jul 24, 2014 @ 16:20
    Richard Barg

File Upload (Mandatory) Fails with Insert Razor Macro

A File Upload field that is marked as "Mandatory" fails with the message shown below when the Contour Container Form is inserted using the Razor macro. If the legacy macro is used, the mandatory upload works fine. If the field is not marked as mandatory it does not matter which Macro is used.

enter image description here

Oct 30, 2014 @ 00:06
    Richard Barg

@Tim - you can see it fail using the links below.

The Razor form fails and will not load the image.

The non-razor version is fine. http://websupport.surgery.ucsf.edu/contour.aspx http://websupport.surgery.ucsf.edu/contour/robs-test-form-(new)-(razor).aspx http://websupport.surgery.ucsf.edu/contour/robs-test-form-(new)-(non-razor).aspx

Oct 30, 2014 @ 00:13
    Richard Barg

@Time This is the export - the text in the Tiny MCE? window appears like machine code in the display (see next message). Can you make out the XML? Regardless I sent to you via email.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Oct 30, 2014 @ 00:14
    Richard Barg

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 30, 2014 @ 09:32

Thanks for the extra details, will see if I can reproduce it now

Oct 30, 2014 @ 09:36

Still no luck , made an upload field mandatory and it worked fine, could it be you are using a custom fieldtype?

Oct 30, 2014 @ 19:44
    Richard Barg

@Tim - this is a standard field that comes with contour: "Image Upload" Did you try the links I sent you? I assume you saw it failed only using the Razor macro. Is there an error log we could look at in Contour or elsewhere or can we run the debugger. I'm serving as a go-between w/our developer. What do you suggest?

BTW - who runs Contour Complete? Isn't that you? What is Contour Complete?

Oct 31, 2014 @ 09:22

Haven't tried the links, will do that now. Yup I tested with the razor macro. Complete is our product package http://umbraco.com/products/complete

Nov 03, 2014 @ 09:38

tried with your file but still can't reproduce, could you tell me the exact umbraco version you are running and also if this is in a specific browser or all browsers

Thanks

Nov 03, 2014 @ 17:08
    Richard Barg

I tested the Razor version of the form in IE 11 and FF (all of my other testing was done in the latest version of Chrome) and it fails. So its not a browser issue.

Here are the relevant versions:

Package name Umbraco Contour Package version 3.0.21 Author Umbraco Corp

umbraco v 4.11.10 (Assembly version: 1.0.5233.28017)

Nov 04, 2014 @ 09:42

Ok tried it with that specific umbraco version and with the form you mailed but still no luck, could you send a backup of your site(you can exclude the media dir) that way I can use your site to debug the issue

Nov 04, 2014 @ 18:46
    Richard Barg

How about if I provide you with a guest login to our Umbraco backend? It's a huge site. You can use what you need.

Nov 04, 2014 @ 18:48
    Richard Barg

Will provide via direct email.

Also for issues w/Contour contrib which I take it is a "custom view", you don't directly provide support for that. It's a separate forum thread and/or codeplex. I assume because its so prominent you are testing on Version 4.

• Ralph van Vugt 57 posts 101 karma points
    Jan 12, 2015 @ 14:20
    Ralph van Vugt

Any news on this one?

Having the exact same problem with some forms. If the upload field is set to mandatory, it will not validate.

Version is 3.06

Jan 12, 2015 @ 19:55
    Richard Barg

Following up on Ralph's Post. My guess is a lot of people are having this problem and not reporting it, just removing the mandatory flag.

Tim,

We are still having the problem. It very clear that the problem only occurs w/the Razor Macro

File Upload

Insert Legacy Macro - Mandatory Upload - OK Insert Razor Macro - Not Mandatory - OK Insert Razor Macro - Mandatory - Breaks per above

I guess the only option at this point is for us to send a backup or our site? Is that still OK?

Jan 12, 2015 @ 19:59
    Richard Barg

@ Ralph

Can you you confirm the following:

File Upload

Insert "Form From Umbraco Contour" Macro - Mandatory Upload - OK Insert Razor Macro - Not Mandatory - OK Insert Razor Macro - Mandatory - Breaks per above

Jan 23, 2015 @ 09:21

Thanks for the details will see if I can reproduce otherwise a backup would be helpfull

Jan 23, 2015 @ 09:31

Just tried the steps you provider but can't reproduce so a backup of your site would be super usefull, you can mail details to tg at umbraco dot com, thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft