Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jul 15, 2014 @ 18:35
    Dan

Contour data export to HTML bug?

Hi,

I'm wondering what the expected behaviour is, when adding new fields into Contour and exporting the data?  For example, you export entries to a HTML table and you get what you expect; then you add a new field to the end of the form, add a new record and export again.  Should this new field be added as a new column at the end of the table in the data export?  Currently, it's appearing as a new column but it doesn't necessarily appear at the end of the exported table.  I just tried it and my new field appeared somewhere in the middle of the columns, and then it messes up the data because the rest of the rows of data occupy this column, so you end up with the columns being completely out of sync.

I think this must be a bug.

Second part of the question is, what is expected to happen when fields are deleted or changed in a Contour form.  Will the export still contain the deleted fields or not?  How about changed fields?

If someone could please clarify for certain, it'd be really helpful.

Thanks

EDIT: I created an issue in the tracker for this: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-569.  Not sure if Contour is active at the moment though as there is a LOT of unresolved issues in there :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft