Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lucuma 261 posts 563 karma points
    Jul 02, 2014 @ 00:38
    lucuma

Unable to load contour in backend

I am getting several contour related errors. Umbraco 7.1.1 and contour from about a month ago (3.0.21).

First, the form picker was failing in that the end point that returns all forms was producing a 500. This just started this morning. I just rewrote my own to fix this but it still is an issue.

Second, I can't access contour in the backend. I get the error pasted below. This just occurred all of a sudden (5 minutes ago) and there have been no changes made to any of the files regarding contour (or any plugins installed). In fact it worked until a few minutes ago. What did I do between now and then? I uploaded some files to the server and nothing else.

Could not load control: '/umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/formsdashboard.ascx'. 
    Error message: System.Web.HttpParseException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard'. ---> System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessInheritsAttribute(String baseTypeName, String codeFileBaseTypeName, String src, Assembly assembly) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PostProcessMainDirectiveAttributes(IDictionary parseData) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.Dashboard.UserControlProxy.OnInit(EventArgs e)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2014 @ 10:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lucuma

Is this happening locally or on a live site? Has anything happened to the server? Did some permissions get lost somehow? Anyone deleted some files? Are some files missing?

You should also be aware that in the version of Umbraco you're running there might be an issue with inserting macroes in the rich text editor, which has been fixed in 7.1.4.

/Jan

Jul 02, 2014 @ 16:26
    lucuma

It is happening locally and was something that just started yesterday. In fact right before this happened I uploaded the site to the server (works fine on the server). No changes were made (no packages added). Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

Jul 02, 2014 @ 16:29
    lucuma

I did a comparison to the dll's on the server and my local project is missing one. Umbraco.Forms.UI.dll

I'm not sure how that one dll was removed and was the issue.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2014 @ 17:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lucuma

So you got the issue solved now or is it still playing tricks on you? Hard to say what has happened in the process of moving the files around :)

/Jan

Jul 14, 2014 @ 20:52
    lucuma

All working fine. For some reason one of the dll's just randomly is deleted. I can live with copying it back for now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft