Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alistair Graham 22 posts 62 karma points
    May 20, 2014 @ 13:11
    Alistair Graham

Contour in Umbraco 6.2.0

Hi

I have installed Umbraco Contour into an Umbraco 6.2.0 instance. Looking at the project it says it hasn’t been tested. The installation worked and I can create forms.

There is an issue when you add the macro in the tinymce it throws the exception of “Error loading MacroEngine script (file: MvcRenderContourForm.cshtml)

Not sure what the issue is, the MvcRenderContourForm.cshtml file is in my solution and it appears in the drop down list when creating a macro in “or script file”

I am not sure if it’s something to do with the FormData control. Other macros work fine on the site when I have created a simple one.

Has anyone else come across the same issue and managed to solve it?

Any help or information would be great 

Cheers

Ali

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 20, 2014 @ 21:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alistair

I think this is a known issue in 6.2.0 unfortunately. The same issue was in 7.1.2 as you can see here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4855 - It has been fixed with the release of 7.1.3.

I suspect this will also be fixed in the upcoming 6.2.1 release - But could not find a reported issue in the tracker though.

/Jan

• Alistair Graham 22 posts 62 karma points
    May 21, 2014 @ 14:49
    Alistair Graham

Thanks Jan

• Gavin Bewley-Jones 25 posts 71 karma points
    May 22, 2014 @ 16:09
    Gavin Bewley-Jones

Im having the exact same issues which is now causing me large project delays.

I dont want to downgrade the Umbraco version as I will be using the new member API etc on it soon as well.

I have checked the form picker data type is there, checked the param on the macro etc.

The full error im getting from the log is:

2014-05-22 14:42:45,889 [30] WARN  umbraco.macro - [Thread 9] Error loading MacroEngine script (file: MvcRenderContourForm.cshtml, Type: ''. Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

at umbraco.NodeFactory.Node.getCurrentNodeId()

at umbraco.macro.GetCurrentNode()

at umbraco.macro.loadMacroScript(MacroModel macro)

at umbraco.macro.renderMacro(Hashtable pageElements, Int32 pageId)

May 22, 2014 @ 16:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gavin and welcome to our :)

Downgrading would be a drastic step currently I feel since there is work in progress on solving it in the core. If v6 was canned then it would perhaps be the best option unless one knows how to digg into the core and fix the issue.

I think that the options you have are

1: If you have bought a license you should be able to get in touch with support using zendesk 2: If you don't have a license then perhaps try adding a comment to the issue I referenced above and see if some of the core member will repsond - Perhaps they can provide you with a build that contains the files that needs to be upgraded to fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 22, 2014 @ 16:32
    Gavin Bewley-Jones

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your response.

I might just write a custom form myself and submit the data as for one of them I need to create a workflow to redirect to whichever PDF the user has selected previously.

Thanks

Gavin

May 22, 2014 @ 16:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gavin

That's of course also an option - but it you need to set parameters on that form in the rich text editor you'll probably see the same issue if i'm not mistaken?

It's not just when using Contour but when trying to add any kind of macro.

/Jan

May 22, 2014 @ 16:37
    Gavin Bewley-Jones

OK, ill have to have a think as this form functionality is a core part of the site im working on and I have deadlines to hit so need to make a decision fast.

Very frustating though and my first major gripe with Umbraco in 2 years.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15478 karma points MVP admin hq
    May 22, 2014 @ 16:48
    Sebastiaan Janssen

While I DO get that error in the RTE and trying to preview the form , eventually the form works fine when you publish the page, right? Or do you get other errors there.

I'll try to figure out what the problem with the preview is.

May 22, 2014 @ 16:52
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Good news, this is fixed in the latest nightly build so it'll be fine when we release 6.2.1, hopefully next week.

May 22, 2014 @ 17:06
    Gavin Bewley-Jones

Hi Sebastiaan,

Do you know when it will be confirmed as my deliverable on this project is currently in two weeks and depending on the release I could leave this core element until the end but I dont want to run out of time?

Just seen your tweet and when I was adding the form through the RTE all I was seeing was this outputted message and no form:

Please provide a valid form Id

The error in the log is the same as posted above:

2014-05-22 15:59:58,749 [7] WARN  umbraco.macro - [Thread 13] Error loading MacroEngine script (file: MvcRenderContourForm.cshtml, Type: ''. Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

at umbraco.NodeFactory.Node.getCurrentNodeId()

at umbraco.macro.GetCurrentNode()

at umbraco.macro.loadMacroScript(MacroModel macro)

at umbraco.macro.renderMacro(Hashtable pageElements, Int32 pageId)

But, I have since gone into a template and added the form by rendering the macro that way and my form displays.

If this all works then I can live with that for the time being, not ideal but ...

:-)

Although, there are some odd errors in the log now being thrown now when the form is rendered:

2014-05-22 16:05:53,671 [7] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 23] Error returning dictionary item 'Submit'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Submit exists in dictionary

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Dictionary.DictionaryItem..ctor(String key)

at Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary.get_Item(String key)

2014-05-22 16:05:53,672 [7] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 23] Error returning dictionary item 'Previous'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Previous exists in dictionary

2014-05-22 16:05:53,672 [7] WARN  Umbraco.Web.Dictionary.DefaultCultureDictionary - [Thread 23] Error returning dictionary item 'Next'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Next exists in dictionary

Thanks for all your help people.

Gavin

May 22, 2014 @ 17:18
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I'll try to update this topic once I've confirmed the release date.

Not sure why you'd get Please provide a valid form Id as when you pick the form through the insert macro button, it should ask you which form to render there, right? What does the HTML source in the RTE look like? Should be something like (where umb_formguid is the important part, that needs to match with the ID of the form):

<div umb_macroalias="umbracoContour.RazorRenderForm" umb_formguid="92dca0c4-0077-4e97-ad31-16e8f23507df" ismacro="true" onresizestart="return false;" umbversionid="4ffa3178-0957-46c3-9652-1096d0d2df83" umbpageid="1057" title="This is rendered content from macro" class="umbMacroHolder">

Those errors about the dictionary items are "normal", just warnings and you would only create dictionary items if this were a multilingual site.

May 22, 2014 @ 17:23
    Sebastiaan Janssen

If you're feeling lucky, then backup your bin and umbraco_client folder and try these updated files, these are the only files that are different between 6.2.0 and 6.2.1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3006713/621_current.zip
    Once 6.2.1 is released you can just upgrade like normal, but in the mean time this updated code could help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft