Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kurt Emch 44 posts 85 karma points
    May 05, 2014 @ 18:09
    Kurt Emch

Contour section not showing in dashboard after manual installation

So I followed the manual installation for the Contour Contact form as outlined here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual

But I'm not seeing the Contour section show in the Umbraco backend. It does not appear as an option in the User's section, and also not in Developers > installed packages either.

Is there something else I need to do to complete the installation?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2014 @ 18:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Have you setup access to the admin user?

Go to the "users" section and see if there is a checkbox in the "Contour" section.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 05, 2014 @ 19:08
    Kurt Emch

No it's not showing there, or in the Deleloper section under installed packages.

May 05, 2014 @ 19:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Could you show a screendump of the options you have on a user in the users section? Just need to be sure that we're not misunderstanding each other.

Does Contour appear in the /config/trees.config?

/Jan

May 05, 2014 @ 20:05
    Kurt Emch

Absolutely. Is this what you mean? http://cl.ly/image/3n2Y042H0026

Contour does not appear in trees.config. Do I need to add something there?

May 05, 2014 @ 20:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Hmm, that's odd it's not mentioned in the documentation.

But you should add these lines

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="forms" application="contour" title="Forms" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadForm" action="" />

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="1" alias="formdatasources" application="contour" title="Data Sources" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadDataSource" action="" />

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="2" alias="formprevaluesource" application="contour" title="Prevalue Sources" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadPreValueSource" action="" />

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="5" alias="formssecurity" application="users" title="Contour security" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadFormsSecurity" action="" />

After you have added this to your trees.config file remember to recycle the app pool.

Then you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 05, 2014 @ 20:42
    Kurt Emch

Jan, I added those lines to tree.config, recycled the app pool and still no go. Is there something else I could try?

May 05, 2014 @ 20:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Still no "Contour" section in the users?

Hmm, perhaps try having a look at /app_data/logs to see if there are some entries marked with "error" that can perhaps reveal something?

/Jan

May 05, 2014 @ 20:54
    Kurt Emch

No, it is still the same. I'm not seeing any errors in the UmbracoTraceLog.txt either. Is there something I need to do to get Umbraco to register it as a package? I tried republishing the entire site in the hopes it was a cache issue but no go there either.

May 05, 2014 @ 21:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Well, sorry about not addressing the specific issue about a package not being created. My main focus is to try and see if we can get Contour working.

However...when you take the manual approach there will be no entries in the "package" section since no package is installed. If you want to have that option you need to install Contour using the package rather than the manual install.

Ok...back to see if we can get Contour working - I forgot that you also need to add the following in the /config/applications.config file as well.

<add alias="contour" name="Umbraco Contour" icon="contour.png" sortOrder="7" />

Once this is done, recycle the app pool and see if you see the section on your user so you can enable access to it.

Hope this solves it :)

Cheers, Jan

May 05, 2014 @ 21:24
    Kurt Emch

Hey that worked! http://cl.ly/image/3H1z182N0g2f

Thanks a bunch.

May 05, 2014 @ 21:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Finally! :D - Please mark the post as solved so others who come across this can quickly figure out what to do :)

Cheers, Jan

May 05, 2014 @ 21:31
    Kurt Emch

Absolutely. Are your docs editable? Might be helpful to throw it in there too.

May 05, 2014 @ 21:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

Well, I can't remember if the documentation for Contour is open source (I'm just a friendly guy who hangs out at the forums helping out where I can in my spare time). But usually it's possible to make a pull request for updating documentation for Umbraco...but otherwise it's possible to create an issue on the issue tracker at http://issues.umbraco.org/issues suggesting to update the Contour documentation with this essential information.

If you add an issue please post the link back here as well so others can go and vote it up if they are having the same issues as you just did.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 05, 2014 @ 21:43
    Kurt Emch

Oh, well thanks for taking the time out of your day to troubleshoot. I just made an issue to add these couple of steps in: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-544

Thanks again!

May 05, 2014 @ 21:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kurt

You're very welcome :)

Have fun Umbracoing!

/Jan

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 17:32
    karen

Well I just have this same issue - so apparently no one has updated any of the documentation anywhere for manual install to insclude these three important steps!

Thanks for help

• Bram 1 post 71 karma points
    Sep 14, 2015 @ 07:35
    Bram

[Additional information for manual installation]

If the admin folder "Umbraco" is changed, edit the "Umbraco" directories in the files to your custom name.

files/ "custom name" /plugins/umbracoContour/ FormsDashboard.aspx:

• /umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/editForm.asp (rule nr: 280)
    • /umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/editForm.aspx (rule nr: 282)
    • /umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/editFormEntries.aspx (rule nr: 283)

files/ "custom name" /plugins/umbracoContour/EditFormEntries.aspx:

• /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/scripts/ZeroClipboard (rule nr: 29)

Kind regards, Bram

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft