Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• CJ Hanson 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 01:12
    CJ Hanson

No Contour menu item in dashboard

After deploying our site to a new server the Contour menu item has disappeared from the dashboard. Navigating directly to the contour area still works by putting /umbraco#/contour into the address bar.

We are using git for managing files so I know everything on the server is the same between our test and production environments. The only thing modified is the connection string for the database.

I exported the db from our test env. using Tasks->Backup in SQL Server mgmt. studio and then restored it in production using Tasks->Restore.

Umbraco is 7.0.2 assembly: 1.0.5133.26607

Contour is 3.0.20

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 08:02
    Dennis Aaen

Hi CJ,

I sounds to me that it could be the user that you´re logged in to Umbraco backoffice, don´t have access to the Contour section. If you have access to the users selection, then try to find the user that you´re logged in to the Umbraco backoffice and make sure that the user have access to the Contour section.

I have made a screenshot to illustrate want I mean. After you have checked that the tick is set, or set the tick in the Umbraco Contour section, maybe you need to clear your browser cache, or logout and log back in to Umbraco backoffice again to see the Umbraco contour section.

Hope this helps.

/Dennis

Apr 23, 2014 @ 17:34
    CJ Hanson

I don't have Umbraco Contour listed under sections.

Apr 23, 2014 @ 18:26
    Dennis Aaen

Hi CJ,

Okay, maybe a silly question, but are your sure that you have Contour installed on your installation then. Try to go to the delveloper section, packages. In this one there is a folder called installed packages,

Is Contour there? if, then you could try reinstalled in on the Umbraco installation, if not, you don´t have the contour package installed.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 23, 2014 @ 18:29
    CJ Hanson

It is indeed there.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 18:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi CJ

When you deploy...how do you then do it? Do you copy everything over?

Perhaps it's a caching issue somehow.

I would try to do this

1: Delete all files from /app_data/TEMP/ClientDependency and then go to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number by 1 (On your server that is) and then recycle the app pool - Does that help?

2: Check your /config/trees.config - Are they fore some weird reason different from your local and live environment? Yes yes I know what you wrote above, but sometimes one gets a surprise or two (Tried that myself several times)

3: Does the /app_data/logs trace log file on your server reveal any useful information? If so...what does it say?

4: Have you checked that permissions has been properly configured on your root folder containing Umbraco? (On the server)

Hope some of these pointers help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 18:39
    Dennis Aaen

HI CJ,

Maybe you could try uninstall it, and try to installed it again and see if it goes better this time. I have no problems installing Contour 3.0.20 on a 7.0.4 assembly: 1.0.5161.2105, maybe there could be an issue with the Umbraco is 7.0.2 assembly: 1.0.5133.26607.

But my first suggestion would be try to uninstall Contour, and make a re-install of it, and see if it does any difference.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 23, 2014 @ 18:58
    CJ Hanson

I tried uninstalling but now the site is broken so I cannot install it again:

Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi CJ

Wish you had tried some of my suggestions before resorting to uninstalling, which I think should always be a last resort imho since you have it working in one environment. So it's just a matter of figuring out why it acts different in the other.

But of course the uninstall should just work and not leave you with this YSOD, which is a really bad experience though.

Ok, however you should be able to get rid of the YSOD by removing the contour dll files. At least one must be present in the /bin/ folder. Can't remember the naming though but i probably contains "contour" in the naming or "umbraco.forms.*".

Does such files still exist? If so then try removing them.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:06
    Dennis Aaen

Hi CJ.

Try to see if this solve your issue with the YSOD. http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/37487-Entire-site-stopped-working-when-i-uninstalled

You should be able to get the site working again by removing the Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll from the bin-folder.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:08
    CJ Hanson

Jan I tried all of your steps first. None of those revealed the issue.

I was able to restore just the following files to get the site working again:

bin/Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.dll
    bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V6.dll
    bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7.dll
    bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.dll
    bin/Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.dll
    bin/Umbraco.Forms.UI.dll
    bin/Umbraco.Forms.Licensing.dll 

Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi CJ

Fair enough :)

So now that you have restored I assume you're still having the original issue?

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:37
    CJ Hanson

After installing contour again the icon is showing now.

After reviewing the diff there are two notable differences:
    1. installedPackages.config
        - changed <macros>4</macros> to <macros>3</macros>
        - added <file>bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll</file>

2. addition of file to App_Data
        - justDelete_.....ucf 

Apr 23, 2014 @ 19:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi CJ

Happy to hear you managed to get this issue solved. Weird that it happened in the first place though...And thanks for sharing.

Have a nice evening.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft